Diablo Freeride Park 2009

PB Forum :: USA - East
Diablo Freeride Park 2009
Posted: May 2, 2009 at 16:18 Quote
Had an amazing time!

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
best ridng ive done in a year, the new drop to cannon thing was amazing, so smooth for the size

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
Off to Diablo this coming Saturday aslong as it isnt pissing it down! Buddy will be riding his big bike on actual DH/FR trails for the first time aswell so it will be a blast.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
Really good stuff this year, even with the shitty weather. the new 13 ft drop followed by the cannon shoot was very smooth. Looks big and intimidating when you get there, but if you have the skills, then its as smooth as butter

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 23:06 Quote
Went Saturday with suberb weather!
Short vid:
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/74693/

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 19:21 Quote
Anyone going tmw? Look out for a kid on a Glory 0 with red spokes. I dont know if im riding with anyone yet....

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
Diablo will be open Saturday for regular riding too correct, not just the race practice? My buddy and I should be out from PA.

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
ktm8806 wrote:
Diablo will be open Saturday for regular riding too correct, not just the race practice? My buddy and I should be out from PA.
correct.

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
cubsrtbest99 wrote:
ktm8806 wrote:
correct.

Thanks! We'll be there when they open if the weather stays decent.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
My brother, my cousin, and myself are thinking about registering for the race on Sunday. My cousin will be in beginners under 18, but as for my brother and myself, we don't know if we should go in beginners over 18, or amateurs over 18. It's going to be our first time racing. I don't see us being that slow, so we'd like a challenge but we really don't what class to be in. What do you guys think of it?

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 4:55 Quote
oceen246 wrote:
My brother, my cousin, and myself are thinking about registering for the race on Sunday. My cousin will be in beginners under 18, but as for my brother and myself, we don't know if we should go in beginners over 18, or amateurs over 18. It's going to be our first time racing. I don't see us being that slow, so we'd like a challenge but we really don't what class to be in. What do you guys think of it?
if its your first time racing race intro. If your as fast as you think you could win some stuff.

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 8:59 Quote
oceen246 wrote:
i thought i was ok. at my first real race at snowshoe i did amature and the winning times in the class below us were the same times. So get some recognition. I thought i would do ok in amature but i got my ass handed to me Frown

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
cubsrtbest99 wrote:
if its your first time racing race intro. If your as fast as you think you could win some stuff.

FlyingFish wrote:
i thought i was ok. at my first real race at snowshoe i did amature and the winning times in the class below us were the same times. So get some recognition. I thought i would do ok in amature but i got my ass handed to me Frown

lol, good thing I asked, well I guess it's going to be intro for us. thanks

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
^^^ Well, I got my ass handed to me today, lol, and it was intro senior. Good thing I didn't go into the amateur class, I would have went home crying. Thanks for the advice guys

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
yep its hard to podium at diablo the way the classes are set up. but if they went the route of uci/usa cycling the prizes would not be as sweet. dont give up.pin it to win it. diablo is an awsome place to ride. they are really stepping it up this year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.088474
Mobile Version of Website