Diablo Freeride Park 2009
| Next Page
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
wrote:
Quote="soul-skier"]
BikerBuddy661 wrote:
soul-skier wrote:
BikerBuddy661 wrote:

I'm mostly into super fast float downhill type trails with fast fly offs and drops but my friends like a combo of jumps and steeper drops. Misty anything there will be fun for all of us. From the lift where do we go to tempest/ victory and what type of trail is that? Smile

when u get off the lift go straight 12oclock to a trail that splits(left is easy,right is difficult), this will lead to the lake at the top. follow the trail on the right that leads to a short uphill(we mostly walk it up) continue ahead to the rightmost trail(tempest). halfway down past the rockgarden stay left to victory. tempest is flowy berms and tables. victory is a steeper,rooty descent that finishes above indycross(butter smooth berms and tables) or the bottom of the us open course(wide open berms and grass-moto style) its all good. for gnar check out bmw to stigmata(hard left off the lift), deciet to ripper(right, swing around the lift), or the jack(wide right off the lift around past deciet). i do love diablo freeride park.......

dude this is soooooo sick! im so pumped to go! thanks for all the info and directions! are your racing in the open or just goin? and will we be able to find a path down even if the race is going on or will we have to walk down the side to make it to the bottom from indycross? thank you sooooooo much bro

im racing am dh/gs. from the top of indycross i think you will have to stay left which will take you to some nice fast singletrack that will spit u out above the lift t the phantom drop(ride across the wooden deck to an 8ft plus drop to nice tranny). there will be sme sweet trails open and uninterrupted even though the biggest race in the usa will be going on. just stick to the far right trails and far left trails when u get off the lift. have fun........u said this is your first time to diablo........i ride a black foes dhs mono w/ foes xtd fork(probably the only one there with the xtd fork) i would be happy to do some freeriding with u to stay loose in between qualifying n stuff. or ill be riding a red foes 4x with a curnutt air shock......again prob the only one there like it........have fun........diablo is awsome.........one word of advice, scope out everything before you commit........diablo can be cruel. the ground is hard. ive brolen my ribs twice, broke my tib/fib last october, torn my ac ligament in left right shoulder, and dislocated my shoulder......all in the name of fun. diablo is very flowy and designed to make u feel like a superhero on a bike......just scope stuff out before you commit to any jumps, drops, chutes and ladders.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
wrote:
DiamondbackBuddy209 wrote:
Quote="soul-skier"]
BikerBuddy661 wrote:
soul-skier wrote:

when u get off the lift go straight 12oclock to a trail that splits(left is easy,right is difficult), this will lead to the lake at the top. follow the trail on the right that leads to a short uphill(we mostly walk it up) continue ahead to the rightmost trail(tempest). halfway down past the rockgarden stay left to victory. tempest is flowy berms and tables. victory is a steeper,rooty descent that finishes above indycross(butter smooth berms and tables) or the bottom of the us open course(wide open berms and grass-moto style) its all good. for gnar check out bmw to stigmata(hard left off the lift), deciet to ripper(right, swing around the lift), or the jack(wide right off the lift around past deciet). i do love diablo freeride park.......

dude this is soooooo sick! im so pumped to go! thanks for all the info and directions! are your racing in the open or just goin? and will we be able to find a path down even if the race is going on or will we have to walk down the side to make it to the bottom from indycross? thank you sooooooo much bro

im racing am dh/gs. from the top of indycross i think you will have to stay left which will take you to some nice fast singletrack that will spit u out above the lift t the phantom drop(ride across the wooden deck to an 8ft plus drop to nice tranny). there will be sme sweet trails open and uninterrupted even though the biggest race in the usa will be going on. just stick to the far right trails and far left trails when u get off the lift. have fun........u said this is your first time to diablo........i ride a black foes dhs mono w/ foes xtd fork(probably the only one there with the xtd fork) i would be happy to do some freeriding with u to stay loose in between qualifying n stuff. or ill be riding a red foes 4x with a curnutt air shock......again prob the only one there like it........have fun........diablo is awsome.........one word of advice, scope out everything before you commit........diablo can be cruel. the ground is hard. ive brolen my ribs twice, broke my tib/fib last october, torn my ac ligament in left right shoulder, and dislocated my shoulder......all in the name of fun. diablo is very flowy and designed to make u feel like a superhero on a bike......just scope stuff out before you commit to any jumps, drops, chutes and ladders.
Man it sounds like a blast! I'm going with the guy you are talking to also.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
I dont really think Diablo has any trial that you can go wrong with.(Unless your a beginner, or are afraid of +15ft drops)

And i have only ridden there once, but my advice when going on the trail straight from the lift, watch out when you go over the rock on the right, theres either a wood bridge on the back left of it, or a drop to nothing on the right. lol When i rode, i never found the drop to nothing.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
yeah, Diablo is friggin awesome. I was just there this past Saturday, checked out the new drops off the bottom of upper Dominion. They flow so smooth!! Cant ever go wrong at Diablo- except my buddy got his front brake stuck on that open part between upper and lower Breakout and busted his hip after flying over the bars- crutches suck!

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
wrote:
Quote="soul-skier"]
BikerBuddy661 wrote:

Man it sounds like a blast! I'm going with the guy you are talking to also.

Alright sweet. sounds like a plan! if i see you guys ill def get a hold of you. and thanks for the heads up on the rock/drop/death... good luck racing!

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
bueller? bueller? bueller?...anyone? anyone? anyone?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007049
Mobile Version of Website