What part(s) do you break the most?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What part(s) do you break the most?
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
odin333 wrote:
i think i've broken the same amount of frames, as tubes. so a tie.
lol

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
I go through bbs pretty good. I'm a big guy though. other then that? a few tubes (I run dh tubes cause IDFC about weight). greatest breakage was a giant ac frame, cracked the chainstay and the other side in the same spot

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
Well i usually go through 3-5 tubes a month cuz i usually get cheap ones and i have broken a few spokes also. Also a long time ago when i didn't really bike i went off this tiny jump with my 2004 hardrock and broke the crank.good timeslol

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
Tubes or wheels, probably tubes, just because they are shit

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
derailuer,hanger(loooottttsssss) and a few tubes

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
my rim breaks. Yea i know i have rim breaks no need to laugh now.

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:35 Quote
Why does everyone brake deraileur hangers?

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
odin333 wrote:
i think i've broken the same amount of frames, as tubes. so a tie.
lol

the funny part is. in the two years i've ridden, i've only popped a tube once, and that was from having it at max PSI and hitting the curb going relatively fast because i didn't jump high enough. probably broke the frame that day too (chain stay had a hairline crack).

never bent a derailleur, never broke a hanger, maybe broken 1-2 spokes, haven't snapped a chain. guess i'm just a lucky one. but now i bet i'm going to break everything from saying that Razz

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
becuase when you jump the derailer hanger is thrust down and that plus gravity and mass = breaking point thats my theroy however. its probably beucase you have a shit one. my friends dad got him 2 and he put on on it lasted a week. then he did a small jump in his back yard and he said it brok within 10 minutes and his dad belted him in the face. i think that last part is a lie though HAHA

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
stinkyprimo888 wrote:
Tubes or wheels, probably tubes, just because they are shit
hahaha... sooo many times...

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
this thread is interesting cause it occurs to me that ive broken a ton of fork internals... and tubes of course.

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
Anyone ever broken a stem?

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
no but i jacked up a fsa pig and my fork last week... overshot a jump decided to hit the next thought i would clear and i cased it... the case wasnt bad but i overshot the one pretty far out.

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
derailleur hangers without a doubt... i broke a new one within 10 minutes on installing it Confused . and i have broken aoubt 4 within a month Whip

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
ManOfTheMountain wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
becuase when you jump the derailer hanger is thrust down and that plus gravity and mass = breaking point thats my theroy however. its probably beucase you have a shit one. my friends dad got him 2 and he put on on it lasted a week. then he did a small jump in his back yard and he said it brok within 10 minutes and his dad belted him in the face. i think that last part is a lie though HAHA
or because the manufactures make them TOO weak... can make them a little stronger...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010286
Mobile Version of Website