List of PB Users that do not pick-up COD packages

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
List of PB Users that do not pick-up COD packages
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 2:07 Quote
what an idiot that kid is ahhahahahahahahh

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 at 23:47 Quote
Lets add BossBoarder123 aka Travis C of Sarnia ON. to the list of none-COD package grabbers, he had me send him my wheels (at cost) and basically just loafted until they sent them back to me. I talked to the guy on the phone, he didnt seem like a scammer necessarily, Just some kid who shouldnt be doing e-commerce on the internet. Either way, I got dicked, avoid. (thanks for the 28$ roundtrip to sarnia on my wheels dude!)

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 10:48 Quote
deeeight wrote:
Then don't ever try and order from jenson or chain reaction or any other real bike shop that sells online, OR ever bid on ebay, because there's no such thing as COD with them at all. You're obviously too innocent for the internet and e-commerce altogether. You should support your local bike shops and leave the 'net to us adults.
I have no problem ordering from an online shop. If you had half a brain you would know this is a post about PB users, not online shops. Get a clue bud.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 18:06 Quote
You are an idiot buddy, COD is not safe for a selller as it has been stated in the above list of deadbeat buyers. The point Deeight was making is that everything is paid for beforehand these days so why should it be different for personal sales? I have used paypal to sell and buy things and had no problems, not everyone is honest but I think most are and thats the chance u take when u ship or ask for things to be shipped.
swiftpain wrote:
deeeight wrote:
Then don't ever try and order from jenson or chain reaction or any other real bike shop that sells online, OR ever bid on ebay, because there's no such thing as COD with them at all. You're obviously too innocent for the internet and e-commerce altogether. You should support your local bike shops and leave the 'net to us adults.
I have no problem ordering from an online shop. If you had half a brain you would know this is a post about PB users, not online shops. Get a clue bud.

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 18:24 Quote
spydr05 wrote:
You are an idiot buddy, COD is not safe for a selller as it has been stated in the above list of deadbeat buyers. The point Deeight was making is that everything is paid for beforehand these days so why should it be different for personal sales? I have used paypal to sell and buy things and had no problems, not everyone is honest but I think most are and thats the chance u take when u ship or ask for things to be shipped.
swiftpain wrote:
deeeight wrote:
no different than the chance you take sending something COD and them not picking it up, but much less likely of getting ripped off. even if they dont pick it up your not out the goods or your whole amount of money. idiot.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 18:39 Quote
You obviously have no clue of anything. Not even the basic comprehension needed to read what has already been explained. When someone doesn't show to pickup a parcel, the seller is out the shipping cost BOTH ways, as well as the cod charge, the insurance amount, and most importantly... their TIME, which was wasted by some deadbeat. For that matter, its not cheap to ship across country... a 1.5kg box holding a pair of road rims by surface parcel from Ottawa to Surrey runs about $30 just for one-way shipping without a COD charge added. A bike box, will cost a hundred plus each way. That is a hell of a financial hit to take just because some moron doesn't trust paypal, but doesn't have the money to pickup the package at all.

I wish pinkbike had an ignore button so I could screen out the morons like you.

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 19:32 Quote
hey swiftpain. sell me that helmet and ship it out cod. shipping is about $30 plus an additional $10 for a box and packing materials. so you do what you think is safe and you think your making an easy $60. Then I change my mind, you now have to pay an additional $30 and any other fee's associated with this failed transaction. now the helmet you originally paid $160 just went up an additional $70+ dollars. Did you make any money? Was the transaction safe? it was safe for me because I didn't spend any money and I'm not losing out on anything. I really made no real commitment to buy it, but I would have if I used Paypal or even sent you a money order or certified check.

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 20:07 Quote
Also to swiftpain; concerning COD from the buyers point of view. Buying something on Pinkbike and having it sent out COD before paying for it is NO safer in any way for you than just handing over the cash before the person sends their parts.

When you go to pick up a COD package YOU have to pay BEFORE you get to see what's in the package. If you then open the package and it is NOT what it was supposed to be, the shipping company will NOT return your money and send the package back, thus you have effectively paid for something before receiving it with no conformation that you will be getting what you thought. Where's the difference between that and what you are going on about with paypal purchases? That's what I thought, end of story and have a nice day.

Posted: Nov 6, 2011 at 17:33 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
Also to swiftpain; concerning COD from the buyers point of view. Buying something on Pinkbike and having it sent out COD before paying for it is NO safer in any way for you than just handing over the cash before the person sends their parts.

When you go to pick up a COD package YOU have to pay BEFORE you get to see what's in the package. If you then open the package and it is NOT what it was supposed to be, the shipping company will NOT return your money and send the package back, thus you have effectively paid for something before receiving it with no conformation that you will be getting what you thought. Where's the difference between that and what you are going on about with paypal purchases? That's what I thought, end of story and have a nice day.
what part of this is escaping you. you guys wanna argue about time and money wasted. seems to me like the most time and money wasted would be paying for something on paypal than having either the person not send the goods, send them in condition not desribed, or send you a box of rocks. so your out the money and the time wasted, plus now you have to file a dispute and mabey get your money back. I say mabey cause i filed a dispute didnt get the item i had payed for and lost all my money.

Posted: Nov 6, 2011 at 17:34 Quote
deeeight wrote:
You obviously have no clue of anything. Not even the basic comprehension needed to read what has already been explained. When someone doesn't show to pickup a parcel, the seller is out the shipping cost BOTH ways, as well as the cod charge, the insurance amount, and most importantly... their TIME, which was wasted by some deadbeat. For that matter, its not cheap to ship across country... a 1.5kg box holding a pair of road rims by surface parcel from Ottawa to Surrey runs about $30 just for one-way shipping without a COD charge added. A bike box, will cost a hundred plus each way. That is a hell of a financial hit to take just because some moron doesn't trust paypal, but doesn't have the money to pickup the package at all.

I wish pinkbike had an ignore button so I could screen out the morons like you.
are you going to cry about it? like how old are you lol, namecalling on the internet wow.

Posted: Nov 6, 2011 at 18:10 Quote
Username: yethbo

Sent him a hub that he wanted TWICE because first time he said he was on vacation, so i decided to ship again, and then next time he didn't respond back after i said i shipped it. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING COD TO HIM! I waisted $35 on shipping charges.......

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 at 18:53 Quote
39, and I've been buying and selling on the internet since december 1994. How old are you? I'm guessing 16...17 tops given your whining about how evil paypal is and how good COD is. In fact, since this is a thread about listing PB users who do not pick up COD packages, and you're the only one defending COD, that it seems that most likely... you're one of the type who doesn't pick up packages.

So paypal rejected your claim... and so what? You're going to cry till the cows come home about how much better COD is? To people with more experience and knowledge than you'll ever have? Good luck with that. You have to generally have done something really stupid to have paypal reject a claim. What did you do? Send money as a 'gift' ?

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 at 13:51 Quote
Dont bother repling to that guyRolleyes , he's obviously a disgrunted buyer arguing on the wrong forum.
deeeight wrote:
39, and I've been buying and selling on the internet since december 1994. How old are you? I'm guessing 16...17 tops given your whining about how evil paypal is and how good COD is. In fact, since this is a thread about listing PB users who do not pick up COD packages, and you're the only one defending COD, that it seems that most likely... you're one of the type who doesn't pick up packages.

So paypal rejected your claim... and so what? You're going to cry till the cows come home about how much better COD is? To people with more experience and knowledge than you'll ever have? Good luck with that. You have to generally have done something really stupid to have paypal reject a claim. What did you do? Send money as a 'gift' ?

Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 17:23 Quote
swiftpain wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

what part of this is escaping you. you guys wanna argue about time and money wasted. seems to me like the most time and money wasted would be paying for something on paypal than having either the person not send the goods, send them in condition not desribed, or send you a box of rocks. so your out the money and the time wasted, plus now you have to file a dispute and mabey get your money back. I say mabey cause i filed a dispute didnt get the item i had payed for and lost all my money.

Are you really that thick? You DO NOT GET TO SEE THE CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE BEFORE PAYING WHEN RECEIVING A COD PACKAGE.

Thus, a sensible person would come to realize, makes the ONLY difference between COD and paypal the amount of time between you paying and you finding out what is in the package.

If you still can't figure it out then I suggest you (in detail) explain to me the chain of event's that make up the action of receiving a COD package and point out how you see the contents of the package before you pay the nice man behind the counter.

Oh yes, *hoping* that you get a nice enough person that lets you look at the package before paying does not count as a method of being sure you are not receiving a "box of rocks". While I realize this does happen from time to time (room mate actually had a bike shipped COD, bribed said worker into letting him look in box before paying and turned out bike was bunk so back it went) it does not mean it's supposed to work this way, therefore would not hold up in court.

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 22:03 Quote
deeeight wrote:

I have yet to say anything about paypal, im aruging against paying upfront for an item without any sort of guarantee. Yes you seem to have caught me, im posting about cod in this thread so people cant see the true me, someone who wont pick up COD packages...(your lost bud). Im not crying bud, i posted a fact, pull your head out of your ass and mabey just accept someone has a different opinion than you rather than insulting them and putting them down because you think YOUR right in an OPINION based discussion.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017562
Mobile Version of Website