List of PB Users that do not pick-up COD packages

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
List of PB Users that do not pick-up COD packages
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 22:06 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
swiftpain wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
Also to swiftpain; concerning COD from the buyers point of view. Buying something on Pinkbike and having it sent out COD before paying for it is NO safer in any way for you than just handing over the cash before the person sends their parts.

When you go to pick up a COD package YOU have to pay BEFORE you get to see what's in the package. If you then open the package and it is NOT what it was supposed to be, the shipping company will NOT return your money and send the package back, thus you have effectively paid for something before receiving it with no conformation that you will be getting what you thought. Where's the difference between that and what you are going on about with paypal purchases? That's what I thought, end of story and have a nice day.
what part of this is escaping you. you guys wanna argue about time and money wasted. seems to me like the most time and money wasted would be paying for something on paypal than having either the person not send the goods, send them in condition not desribed, or send you a box of rocks. so your out the money and the time wasted, plus now you have to file a dispute and mabey get your money back. I say mabey cause i filed a dispute didnt get the item i had payed for and lost all my money.

Are you really that thick? You DO NOT GET TO SEE THE CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE BEFORE PAYING WHEN RECEIVING A COD PACKAGE.

Thus, a sensible person would come to realize, makes the ONLY difference between COD and paypal the amount of time between you paying and you finding out what is in the package.

If you still can't figure it out then I suggest you (in detail) explain to me the chain of event's that make up the action of receiving a COD package and point out how you see the contents of the package before you pay the nice man behind the counter.

Oh yes, *hoping* that you get a nice enough person that lets you look at the package before paying does not count as a method of being sure you are not receiving a "box of rocks". While I realize this does happen from time to time (room mate actually had a bike shipped COD, bribed said worker into letting him look in box before paying and turned out bike was bunk so back it went) it does not mean it's supposed to work this way, therefore would not hold up in court.
Do you not agree, more often than not, you will be safer to have someone ship you an item COD and recieve what you wanted VS sending someone money over paypal and hoping for the best. Im not saying you cant get screwed over via COD, all im saying, is its a little bit safer, because your not just sending a randy money and giving them the opportunity to just walk with your cash and not send the goods. I think the fact that you have to put in the effort to send " a box of rocks " eliminates alot of problems and has helped me sell thousands of dollars worth of bike equipment over pinkbike with no problems, except the one time i paid someone upfront via paypal. (which i am not crying about, and really doesnt have to be a part of this discussion)

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 23:10 Quote
swiftpain wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
swiftpain wrote:

what part of this is escaping you. you guys wanna argue about time and money wasted. seems to me like the most time and money wasted would be paying for something on paypal than having either the person not send the goods, send them in condition not desribed, or send you a box of rocks. so your out the money and the time wasted, plus now you have to file a dispute and mabey get your money back. I say mabey cause i filed a dispute didnt get the item i had payed for and lost all my money.

Are you really that thick? You DO NOT GET TO SEE THE CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE BEFORE PAYING WHEN RECEIVING A COD PACKAGE.

Thus, a sensible person would come to realize, makes the ONLY difference between COD and paypal the amount of time between you paying and you finding out what is in the package.

If you still can't figure it out then I suggest you (in detail) explain to me the chain of event's that make up the action of receiving a COD package and point out how you see the contents of the package before you pay the nice man behind the counter.

Oh yes, *hoping* that you get a nice enough person that lets you look at the package before paying does not count as a method of being sure you are not receiving a "box of rocks". While I realize this does happen from time to time (room mate actually had a bike shipped COD, bribed said worker into letting him look in box before paying and turned out bike was bunk so back it went) it does not mean it's supposed to work this way, therefore would not hold up in court.
Do you not agree, more often than not, you will be safer to have someone ship you an item COD and recieve what you wanted VS sending someone money over paypal and hoping for the best. Im not saying you cant get screwed over via COD, all im saying, is its a little bit safer, because your not just sending a randy money and giving them the opportunity to just walk with your cash and not send the goods. I think the fact that you have to put in the effort to send " a box of rocks " eliminates alot of problems and has helped me sell thousands of dollars worth of bike equipment over pinkbike with no problems, except the one time i paid someone upfront via paypal. (which i am not crying about, and really doesnt have to be a part of this discussion)
no, paypal guarantees your purchase... if they dont ship then you get your money back...

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 23:21 Quote
Nobble wrote:
swiftpain wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

no, paypal guarantees your purchase... if they dont ship then you get your money back...
even if they do ship and you are un happy you can return it and still make a clam paypal is defiantly the way

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 0:41 Quote
Except.... as long as you're not a complete f'ing moron who makes the paypal payment out as a "gift", there very mUCH is a guarantee. Paypal way favours buyers when claims are filled, including for goods not received in described condition. And if your paypal is linked to a credit card, you can always take it up with them if paypal doesn't honour a dispute.

Apparently however, you're just that much of a moron.

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 4:45 Quote
You are still missing the point behind both concepts being the exact same damn thing. Goes like this.

COD- pay for item > pick item up > inspect box of rocks > damnit that sucks.

Paypal- pay for item > pick item up > inspect box of rocks > damnit that sucks > wait I payed through paypal, time to file a claim.

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 8:14 Quote
How are they the same thing? One way you can get f*cked over... One you cant...

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 8:34 Quote
I'm sure I said this earlier also but I cannot remember now. COD is only available for DOMESTIC shipping. You cannot use it for international and go figure, pinkbike very much is a site with international membership. And since there's no way to quickly/easily dispute a bad COD transaction, it is NOT recommended for even domestic shipping by the very people who run pinkbike.

I think the only dumber thing you could do on here than use a COD payment, is to "trade" for something, because then you're definitely gonna be up shit creek because you literally have zero recourse at all if the item you receive is damaged, non-existent (the box of rocks), or stolen.

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 8:37 Quote
lol i traded something...

it's supposed to arrive today.

we just bought the items from each other via paypal for the same amount...

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 10:46 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
You are still missing the point behind both concepts being the exact same damn thing. Goes like this.

Paypal- pay for item > pick item up > inspect box of rocks > damnit that sucks > wait I payed through paypal, time to file a claim.
lol

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 10:51 Quote
You, my friend are a damn genius, why didnt I think of doing that last week when someone wanted to trade with me
Nobble wrote:
lol i traded something...

it's supposed to arrive today.

we just bought the items from each other via paypal for the same amount...

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 15:21 Quote
spydr05 wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

lol

Unless you are pointing out the mistake I made by failing to clarify "the same damn thing" to be the same thing less the recourse you can take through paypall if something is bunk then I fail to see what you are getting at.

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 16:13 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
spydr05 wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

lol

Unless you are pointing out the mistake I made by failing to clarify "the same damn thing" to be the same thing less the recourse you can take through paypall if something is bunk then I fail to see what you are getting at.
I was laughing and agreeing with u..."inspect box of rocks..." lol!

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 16:37 Quote
Ah got ya, I just wasn't about to leave anything open for inspector genius over there to pick on, sorry for the snappyness of my responseBeer

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 11:36 Quote
Nobble wrote:
swiftpain wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

except for when you dont get your money back. it wasnt a gift. this is going nowhere lol im gonna keep shipping my stuff cod, and keep not having problems, you guys stick with paypal.

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 13:13 Quote
So what did you do, wait past the time limit for filing a claim? That's equally moronic as sending money as a gift. Ranks right up there with paying via western union transfer for stupid ways to be parted from your money.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025875
Mobile Version of Website