List of PB Users that do not pick-up COD packages

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
List of PB Users that do not pick-up COD packages
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 21, 2011 at 10:36 Quote
WoodyTobiasJR wrote:
marquis wrote:
WoodyTobiasJR wrote:
Sorry for hijacking this "dialogue" and posting something that actually relates to the thread topic....

Sent a snowboard to bikerwannabike COD via Greyhound. Greyhound used a private courier and somehow the guy only collected the shipping and COD fee, but not the amount for the board ($120.00). Greyhound assumes no liability, so I contacted the buyer and explained the situation. He's happy with the board, and says "Sure, I'll get you the money". Well, that was a month ago now, and after a few emails where he said he would send me Paypal info etc, he has just stopped replying altogether. I see in the PB mail that he picks up the message, but he's just choosing to ignore it.

The joys of buying and selling online.

Anyway...watch out for "bikerwannabike".

If he has accepted the item and not paid then this is scamming,do you plan to contact your local police station ?

After emailing him and telling him I had posted here, as well as laying on a bit more guilt for the deal, I received a reply this morning. Apparently the person who bought the board is the younger brother of the one who's account this is. The account holder (bikerwannabike) doesn't want his nam or account attached to this, so he says he will look after getting me the money, one way or another. I told him if he did I would report here stating so.

They are kids, 15-17 years old. I'll give them a couple more days before I use the "Authorities" threat.

If you get no joy then let me know so i can remove the accounts.

Posted: Dec 21, 2011 at 11:01 Quote
marquis wrote:
WoodyTobiasJR wrote:
marquis wrote:

If he has accepted the item and not paid then this is scamming,do you plan to contact your local police station ?

After emailing him and telling him I had posted here, as well as laying on a bit more guilt for the deal, I received a reply this morning. Apparently the person who bought the board is the younger brother of the one who's account this is. The account holder (bikerwannabike) doesn't want his nam or account attached to this, so he says he will look after getting me the money, one way or another. I told him if he did I would report here stating so.

They are kids, 15-17 years old. I'll give them a couple more days before I use the "Authorities" threat.

If you get no joy then let me know so i can remove the accounts.

Will do. Thanks

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
Just to update... The buyer ( or more accurately the buyers Mom) came through and paid me. It was a case of a young guy agreeing to buy something without really thinking it through first. Definitely the last COD I do though!

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 20:00 Quote
COVEFR in Calgary did not pick up COD forks. Claimed Post Office could not find them. Forks came back. Said he would do paypal. Sent him the amount and, surprise, no reply!

Posted: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:09 Quote
bmxcanada1981 doesn't pick up frames. Shipped him the frame, he said he was out of town, was at the post office for two weeks and got shipped back.

Now he's deleted all of his details on his account. What an SOB.

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 at 22:00 Quote
3 days ago
theguitarmsta says:
yea ok if i buy will u do cash on delivery
Not sure if he is a possible scamemer but someone asks to do COD is not trust worthy in my book. so be aware of theguitarmsta if I am wrong then I am sorry.

Posted: Dec 13, 2012 at 8:43 Quote
migeyva
Shipped him a frame, messaged me 6 hours after I sent with some lame excuse he no longer has the money. I said a deal is a deal, he agreed and said he would find the money. Frame has been sitting at the post office since last friday, he ignores my texts and PB messages. So it looks like im out the $70 shipping....SO DO NOT SHIP TO THIS KID migeyva.

Posted: Dec 13, 2012 at 11:18 Quote
spedfrek

Sent him a COD package for a Sun Ringle hub a while back. He agreed to pick it up and gave me a whole ton of BS trust talk. Package has been at his post office for over a month, and I can't seem to contact them to get it back, so I'm out a hub and 20 bucks in shipping. I've sent him numerous PB messages, none of which he's responded back to. It's not a huge loss, but don't do COD with him.

Posted: Mar 2, 2013 at 18:20 Quote
This forum needs a feedback system attached to each profile to warn people of douche canoes that; don't pay, don't pick up COD, say they will buy it but back down, say they will sell it but back out, etc. It works great on other forums and ebay as well.

Posted: Mar 17, 2013 at 22:37 Quote
Contacted jtm12090 about his bike for sale. We agreed to meet and I would pay his asking price and then he changed the price 2 days later up $200. I asked him if I could meet him half way between the two prices. He agreed since I was able to pick it up and not deal with shipping. The day before I am supposed to pick it up he PB messages me saying he just sold it to someone else because they could pay more. He went back on his word and didn't even give me the chance to try and match or "out bid" the other person since I contacted him first. Don't buy from jtm12090 he'll go back on his word.

Posted: Mar 19, 2013 at 14:50 Quote
joaoneves did not pick up my suspension i sent to him, dont sell or buy from this guy.

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 12:59 Quote
I have sold a bunch of stuff on Pinkbike, and here are my COD rules:

- on almost ANY item, I wont ship the item COD until the shipping is paid for up front via Paypal or Interac email money transfer. That way, if they dont pickup the item, at least your shipping charges are covered. If they use Paypal, make sure you tell them the shipping costs are non-refundable, and they have to make the transfer as a GIFT (so they can't reverse it)

- COD has no protection for the buyer, unlike Paypal. So, if I order something COD (like a frameset), I ask the seller to cut a few 'windows' in the box and cover them with clear tape when packaging. That way when the item arrives, you can take a quick look in the box to make sure the item is there before making the payment to the post office. I have done this for buyers also, so they have the peace of mind that you are not trying scam them. Maybe I am overly cautious, but the last thing I want to have happen is pay a thousand bucks for a box o' rocks.

Just last week a kid out West asked me if I would send a set of $700 wheels to him COD. I told him, "no problem" as long as he sent me $40 for shipping up front. Never heard from him again. Figured I just saved myself $40 and a lot of headaches.

Posted: Apr 12, 2013 at 13:49 Quote
[Quote="deeeight"]Then don't ever try and order from jenson or chain reaction or any other real bike shop that sells online, OR ever bid on ebay, because there's no such thing as COD with them at all. You're obviously too innocent for the internet and e-commerce altogether. You should support your local bike shops and leave the 'net to us adults.[/Quote
How did I know deeight word be spreading the gospel of PayPal on here. No COD - I'm deeight and that don't work good. Cod bad - paypal good.
Fine deeight we get it ! You know best.
I've used COD plenty with no issues. Maybe it's just you - People just don't like you.

Posted: Jul 25, 2013 at 13:44 Quote
jonnydownhill wrote:
3 days ago
theguitarmsta says:
Not sure if he is a possible scamemer but someone asks to do COD is not trust worthy in my book. so be aware of theguitarmsta if I am wrong then I am sorry.

How the hell is this a scam ? Lol. Possible scammer for even asking for a COD shipment ! Lol. You guys need help.

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 13:16 Quote
beeone72 wrote:
jonnydownhill wrote:
3 days ago
theguitarmsta says:

How the hell is this a scam ? Lol. Possible scammer for even asking for a COD shipment ! Lol. You guys need help.

Haven't you seen Minority Report?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023004
Mobile Version of Website