Looking for a new bike....why so much hatred against Kona?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Looking for a new bike....why so much hatred against Kona?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
I sold my old bike now I am looking for a new one.I need a bike for more freeride than my other bike but was curious after reading a million posts why does everybody seem to hate Kona??? I have never owned a Stinky but know people that have them and they are loyal but everyone else shows no love!!Just curious why...is it the build, warranty or what just curious on some comments....thanks.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
They use an old system they have been using it for over 10 years.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
exactly

rexbikes wrote:
They use an old system they have been using it for over 10 years.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
don't listen to the haters, kona bikes are great, just a basic suspension design, for a beginner i would honestly recommend it, worth your money, good part specs, had a stinky for 3 years and loved it to death. I do not know the warrenty on them, but the frames are sturdy and a good all around freeride bike! don't let any haters tell you differnt. try some different bikes out though and see what you like.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
konarider92 wrote:
don't listen to the haters, kona bikes are great, just a basic suspension design, for a beginner i would honestly recommend it, worth your money, good part specs, had a stinky for 3 years and loved it to death. I do not know the warrenty on them, but the frames are sturdy and a good all around freeride bike! don't let any haters tell you differnt. try some different bikes out though and see what you like.

a non believer!! burn him!

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
crappy suspension

and a nasty tendency to break

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
flikende wrote:
crappy suspension

No, no, and no. And why in the f*cking hell did my post get deleted?

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
flikende wrote:
crappy suspension

what?

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
seriously konas all have the tendancy to snap on their chainstays i would not recommend buying one.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
darthrw wrote:
konarider92 wrote:

a non believer!! burn him!

photo

thinkin bout getting a bass aswell , oh and the kona pictured has 66s now

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
flikende wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
flikende wrote:
crappy suspension

what?
I made a post and it got deleted for no reason. I agree, Kona is nowhere even close to the best, but they can be competitive.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
why dont u just stick with you reign, those are such sick bikes!

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
flikende wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
what?
I made a post and it got deleted for no reason. I agree, Kona is nowhere even close to the best, but they can be competitive.
well, i dont know about your post

if you're going to get a kona (which i dont reccomend) it should be for something that doesnt require a good pedal platfrom (like dh or fr) if you are talking xc or am, look somewhere else

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
Shit dude, you have a Reign?? Keep that.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
yeah just build it up with some DH parts and u will be good, reigns are amazing

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010317
Mobile Version of Website