Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome
Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 2:44 Quote
nah i like the turquoise, i was thinking of blacking out one crankarm though for moar streetness. i finally have matching wheels for the first time in a year, something else has to be mis matching now lol

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 6:25 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
cptcoco1120 wrote:
Alright. Thanks Wink and also, does anyone know how safe it is to paint strip my fork?
I heard oil was better dont know how well paint stripper lubricates lol but seriously I have no idea

Haha, you nun. Whip
im serious here Smile

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 11:18 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
just black out the cranks and chainring Razz

No.

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 12:21 Quote
Frame is raw... soon to be different...

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 12:22 Quote
cptcoco1120 wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
cptcoco1120 wrote:
Alright. Thanks Wink and also, does anyone know how safe it is to paint strip my fork?
I heard oil was better dont know how well paint stripper lubricates lol but seriously I have no idea

Haha, you nun. Whip
im serious here Smile

perfectly, i literally have stripper sat on my welds on my frame right now. my biggest tip would be to scrape it off with a strippers knife on the main surface, to save on stripper as its expensive

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 12:22 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
mainframe 26

i think it looks a lot better now. matching wheels ftw!

Nice, now what colour are you painting it?

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 14:25 Quote
It's done. He went battleship grey.

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 15:03 Quote
ammo can propping it up is a nice touch to go with the colors.

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 15:36 Quote
Nice to see a more unique colour scheme for once

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 20:40 Quote
I love how people are now matching their fork with the frame. It always looks great IMO.

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
BSal wrote:
I love how people are now matching their fork with the frame. It always looks great IMO.
Did this with my soda, best thing I've done to it imo

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 13:20 Quote
Might get more purple or black bits.

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 19:58 Quote
cptcoco1120 wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
cptcoco1120 wrote:

Haha, you nun. Whip
im serious here Smile

chemical stripper should be fine. read the can I believe some arent safe for use on aluminum. Ive used chemical stripper alot and its been fine for me on aluminum parts as well. look for an aerosol stripper its the easiest to use in my opinion.

just make sure not to get the stripper on the stanchions Attention and remove the seals too. Id use a ton of masking tape on the stanchions myself and just wipe off any that gets on it.

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 22:48 Quote
Going to start ordering bits for my new build, but I need help deciding what colours to do where. I'm going to do; Chrome, and Aqua
Chrome: Frame
Aqua: Hubs, Stem, Sprocket
Black: Grips, Seat, Rims, Spokes, Pedals
Now what I need help with, what of these parts should be chrome and what should be black..
The list; Cranks, Fork, Bar, Headset, BB
Think that is all, I'd appreciate feedback and what you think of the Chrome/Aqua scheme,
Thanks!

Posted: May 2, 2013 at 3:11 Quote
lylepurdy wrote:
Going to start ordering bits for my new build, but I need help deciding what colours to do where. I'm going to do; Chrome, and Aqua
Chrome: Frame
Aqua: Hubs, Stem, Sprocket
Black: Grips, Seat, Rims, Spokes, Pedals
Now what I need help with, what of these parts should be chrome and what should be black..
The list; Cranks, Fork, Bar, Headset, BB - All black.
Think that is all, I'd appreciate feedback and what you think of the Chrome/Aqua scheme,
Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007036
Mobile Version of Website