Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 14:21 Quote
Yeah this is Chris's old frame. When he first posted it I fell in love and told him to hit me up if he ever sold it....he did like two years later, hahaa. He had the orange handlebar and a blue seatpost when he had it so I chose this scheme to honor him for remembering and being so cool about selling her to me.

Speaking of the geometry you're right, it does take a minute to appreciate it for sure.....luckily I've had my Pride Street Shred26 for a while now so I am used to this type of geo. The Tubs is poppier than the Pride but so far the Pride has a better overall feel to it. But I can feel that the fork at 85mm on the Tubs is a bit too short for it, for me on it. The front wheel feels too "tucked under" the bike, not just a steep HA deal, you can really feel it when you turn. I'll give it a bit more time but eventually I will try it out at 105mm and see how she feels then.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 14:56 Quote
What's your measured CS right now?

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 15:39 Quote
I'll check it when I get home.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 18:41 Quote
crs-one wrote:
What's your measured CS right now?

Exactly 14.5" / 368mm

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 16:23 Quote
What's up the the tubagra frames? I googled but it's all in Japanese I think.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 18:03 Quote
Couple things. They had/have insanely progressive geo, way back in the day. That frame above will go to 12.9" slammed with a 24". When my buddy (not Chris - one or two owners prior) had it, we fit a 26" wheel in there at 13.9" with a Kenda Komfort. The seat tube cutouts, while polarizing, are pretty striking.

The other thing that really added to their mystique is that they seemingly refused to sell outside of Japan, or at least into North America. That one got shipped here used, surface - took forever to arrive. In general it's expensive as hell to ship a frame across an ocean (when I repatriated my Turner 4X, the flight to Portugal and back was only slightly more than a shipping quote), so you have to be pretty dedicated to pull it off. And most DJ riders just don't care that much.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 18:05 Quote
Wasn't it black a few years ago?

Or am I thinking of another similar frame....

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 22:39 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Wasn't it black a few years ago?

Or am I thinking of another similar frame....
it was raw clearcoat, still with heat stain before i had it, never to my knowledge was it black though.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 9:43 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15844793/ any other colour combos. Need to keep it the same fork and spec. Only colour changing, so grafics paint jobs. E.c.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 14:31 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Couple things. They had/have insanely progressive geo, way back in the day. That frame above will go to 12.9" slammed with a 24". When my buddy (not Chris - one or two owners prior) had it, we fit a 26" wheel in there at 13.9" with a Kenda Komfort. The seat tube cutouts, while polarizing, are pretty striking.

The other thing that really added to their mystique is that they seemingly refused to sell outside of Japan, or at least into North America. That one got shipped here used, surface - took forever to arrive. In general it's expensive as hell to ship a frame across an ocean (when I repatriated my Turner 4X, the flight to Portugal and back was only slightly more than a shipping quote), so you have to be pretty dedicated to pull it off. And most DJ riders just don't care that much.

Ahh I see, thanks for the explanation Salute

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 22:43 Quote
crs-one wrote:

Yeah I'm very happy and honored to have ended up with the frame. With the 2.3 KHE that I have on it, shortest CS would be 14.25, maybe stretch that to 14.15 at best.

What fork did your buddy have on it and at what travel?

Posted: May 6, 2018 at 18:41 Quote
not much of a color combo, but took a stab at smearing some custo on my rig
photo
photo

Posted: May 6, 2018 at 19:14 Quote
dedmann wrote:
photo

Are they decals?

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 2:20 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15798316/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021053
Mobile Version of Website