Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome
Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 6:26 Quote
That's fantastic.

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 9:02 Quote
Cleanest damn frame I’ve ever seen. Super rad build

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 9:38 Quote
I have been texting back and forth with Ryan at Cachet, seems like one rad dude! Sweet build! More pictorz!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 0:02 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Draggon wrote:
Finally finished the Cachet Henry III. I know there isn't much color other than the seat but I built this one to reflect a cafe racer.....raw and black with the red leather seat. Plus with the Ti I didn't want much to detract.

peeldog wrote:
Holy batmobile! That is rad. Elaborate on your build, especially the fork and wheelset Smile

Holy shit buddy. We need specs and more details on this asap

Thanks everyone, it's been a dream of mine to have a Ti DJ frame for over 10 years now and there's been some out there but none have even come close to the instant love I felt when I saw the Cachet frame.....so I sold my NS Soda Slope complete as fast as I could to buy the Henry III frame......fair trade I say, hahaa.

So I will start with the weight since that always gets asked first, hahaa. Unfortunately, I haven't weighed it yet.....even though I spent half an hour inside a bike shop yesterday with it and it didn't even cross my mind to weigh it, like a dumbass, hahaa, and I wanted to. It's actually not the lightest build with the 180mm lowered fork, Deity cranks, 4-piston Hope brake and especially the 39mm wide rim 2,395g DH wheels. So with that said I think it's most likely around 25.5 lbs or so, compared to my Two6Player at exactly 24.0 lbs. However, I didn't get the frame for the weight, I got it for the forgiveness of the Ti and the springy feel. I have a blown out knee and terrible arthritis in my right hip....but I still have a major love of hardtails. I went into the build wondering how much of a "soft-ride" hardtail I could build it into to take the edge off landings. So this is also why I went with the Spinergy wheelset with the flexible Polyphenylene fiber spokes for their added give as well. Between the Spinergy's and the springiness of the Ti, the bike almost feels like it has 2" of rear wheel travel, hahaa, it's nice and I like the overall feel of it....so mission accomplished in my mind. I will get a bike weight soon though. The weight of the Ti frame is quite eye-opening though I will admit......when you hold only the frame by the seatpost it almost feels like your just holding a heavier, very wide handlebar in your hand, no joke, hahaa.

The fork is a 2014 X-Fusion Metric that when I bought it had to be the last brand new 26” Metric on planet, only found the one. I've always wanted to try an X-Fusion and when I found the smoked chrome Metric it was a no-brainer to me.....plus I have always had a fondness for the Mad Max look of the carbon leg guards as well, hahaa. Gotta say the Metric doesn't get enough love in my opinion, it's a damn good feeling fork.

I get asked about the leather seat a lot as well and as much as I wanted to do the seat myself, I just broke down and sent it out. The seat is a regular slim pivotal that I had recovered by Leh Cycling http://lehcyclinggoods.com/ with the rust bison leather. I felt this build deserved a little something special and it was that cafe racer look I was going for after all, hahaa.

After 3 rides on it so far, I am very happy with it other than I think it needs taller bars by about 1/2". The build turned out as a very stable riding bike and I can't wait to ride it somewhere where I can really get a feel for her. Feels like it could handle big jumps easily and with it being such a mellow lander, I could see this bike performing well. Not saying I'm still a high flying baller or anything, lol, but I can still g'ver a tiny lil' bit, hahaa. Seriously though, I'm almost in a way relieved that I am so stoked with how the build came out, both aesthetically and especially performance wise as to my desired function of the feel. One day I'll get all Ti bolts just because, hahaa.

Here's a few more detail pics and the spec list below:

- 2017 Cachet Bikes Henry III w/ Custom 21.8” TT Length
- 2014 X-Fusion Metric Fork Lowered To 95mm
- Spinergy Fall Line DH Wheelset, 39mm Wide x 30mm Tall Rims
- UGP Slim Pivotal Recovered w/ Rust Bison Leather By Leh Cycling
- Hope Tech Stealth M4 Brake w/ Goodridge Hose
- Jagwire Elite CR1 Rotor
- Deity Vendetta III Cranks 170mm
- Eclat Surge Pedals
- Profile Racing 30t Spline Drive Sprocket
- Profile Racing GDH Ti Spindle
- Profile Racing External BB
- Gusset Double Six SS Conversion Kit 12t
- Shadow Conspiracy Interlock Supreme Chain
- Dartmoor Funky Stem 40mm
- Deity CZ38 Special Handlebar
- Chromag Palmskin Grips
- Maxxis DTH 2.3 Tires (That I blacked out with car upholstery spray paint)

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 6:49 Quote
Good grief, Draggon. You seriously outdid yourself on this one. I knew you had an insane build coming, but I was not anticipating this. Fascinating combination of specs. I absolutely love the fork choice to match the frame... shame they are so difficult to find. The spinergy wheels are a wild concept too... didn't really know those existed lol . And the leh leather seat is actually something I've admired for years. I almost got a seat covered by him several years ago. Definitely the perfect choice for this build. Very well played. Eye candy to the max! tup Salute

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 12:41 Quote
So do we all just quit trying now??

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

I reached that point a long time ago bud lol

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 18:17 Quote
Frame weight is listed as 4.2lbs on their website. The Dex looks amazing, too. i didn't even know you could buy a complete Ti-framed street bike with 110 spacing dropouts. That with some coaster 24" wheels is my pipe-dream ult-build. The other cromo street frame (clock) is weird, it has disc mounts on a bmx spaced rear. Why?

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 1:50 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

Nah, my upcoming Blur 4X restoration will be pretty sweet.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

Nah, there's at least one more insane SMTB build coming in the next few months, that will blow some minds. Not even talking about my own bikes either.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 15:40 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

There's so many nice builds out there that make me jealous......counting yours.

seraph wrote:
Nah, my upcoming Blur 4X restoration will be pretty sweet.

Can't wait to see the Blur 4X

crs-one wrote:
Nah, there's at least one more insane SMTB build coming in the next few months, that will blow some minds. Not even talking about my own bikes either.

At the risk of sounding like a total schlub, what is a SMTB?

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 16:08 Quote
Draggon wrote:
crs-one wrote:

At the risk of sounding like a total schlub, what is a SMTB?

I'd hazard a guess that it stands for Street Mountain Bike?

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 16:09 Quote
I'll guess..Steel MTB....Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 16:13 Quote
It's Streat. Promise.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033763
Mobile Version of Website