Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome
Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
My new Industry Nine A318 stem in silver with a 40mm length holding my Chromag bars

Anodized purple and raw aluminum always go good together

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 18:59 Quote
My bad, reposting it.

New bike after 10 year of riding the GT Chucker.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 19:06 Quote
I call her the Black Unicorn. The color is officially called "Spectral Flare". It's a rainbow sparkle coat over gloss metallic black. Accents of rainbow in the components (bolts, chain).
New build. Some old parts. 2021 S-Works Crux frame fork Whisky bars Tune stem SW Romin Evo Force AXS cranks Wolf Tooth ring Keo Carbon Ti XG-1295 10-50 XX1 chain XX1 AXS derailleur Red AXS shifters 240 SP hubs Nextie rims Aerolite spokes Hutchinson Overide 35c tires Ashima Ai2 140mm rotors. About 16.18 lbs with Wahoo head unit cadence and speed sensors.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
seraph wrote:
I call her the Black Unicorn. The color is officially called "Spectral Flare". It's a rainbow sparkle coat over gloss metallic black. Accents of rainbow in the components (bolts, chain).
New build. Some old parts. 2021 S-Works Crux frame fork Whisky bars Tune stem SW Romin Evo Force AXS cranks Wolf Tooth ring Keo Carbon Ti XG-1295 10-50 XX1 chain XX1 AXS derailleur Red AXS shifters 240 SP hubs Nextie rims Aerolite spokes Hutchinson Overide 35c tires Ashima Ai2 140mm rotors. About 16.18 lbs with Wahoo head unit cadence and speed sensors.
Nice af

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
New Decade Frame
2017 NS movement parts on a new decade frame. Sorry for the background.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
amad97 wrote:
New Decade Frame
That looks pretty awesome, but get us a better picture!

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 0:50 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
amad97 wrote:
New Decade Frame
That looks pretty awesome, but get us a better picture!

Agreed. I am a fan of this build.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
My budget build, still debating on trying out blue pedals or sticking with black. Also considered swapping the stem for blue but I kind of like the pop of red.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
scratch01 wrote:
My budget build, still debating on trying out blue pedals or sticking with black. Also considered swapping the stem for blue but I kind of like the pop of red.

Did you leave the frame raw?

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
noisette wrote:
[Did you leave the frame raw?

Yup, thats how it sits right now. I may paint it down the road but for the time being its staying as is except for maybe brushing it with steel wool to even the texture out a bit over winter.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
scratch01 wrote:
noisette wrote:

Yup, thats how it sits right now. I may paint it down the road but for the time being its staying as is except for maybe brushing it with steel wool to even the texture out a bit over winter.

Thanks. Yep, I've done just that with a brass brush, makes a difference.
Now entertaining the idea of clear coating it but probably won't do it, as it's also a dj frame - will get knocked about anyway, and it seems like it's way easier to grab the brush once in a while to clean it up.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
noisette wrote:
scratch01 wrote:
noisette wrote:

Now entertaining the idea of clear coating it but probably won't do it, as it's also a dj frame - will get knocked about anyway, and it seems like it's way easier to grab the brush once in a while to clean it up.
I find clear coat to be a waste of time on raw aluminum. If you leave a brushed/sanded finish you won’t even hardly notice any scratches that happen. I rawed my commuter a few years ago and took it all the way to polished. Any minor scratches are quickly fixed with some mag polish, and anything deep can be fixed with a little extra effort.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:20 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
noisette wrote:
scratch01 wrote:

I find clear coat to be a waste of time on raw aluminum. If you leave a brushed/sanded finish you won’t even hardly notice any scratches that happen. I rawed my commuter a few years ago and took it all the way to polished. Any minor scratches are quickly fixed with some mag polish, and anything deep can be fixed with a little extra effort.

That's what I gathered from various forums too, that it chips and scratches easily and I have no intention to reapply the coating tbh. I like the brushed/matte look too.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
same here, i like the sheen as is and doubt that if I rattle can it it will turn out great. Plus its a play bike, its going to get beat up and scratched, this way its part of the character. Although i may experiment with my wife's vinyl cutter to make some minor patterns/graphics for it.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011133
Mobile Version of Website