KEEPitSTUPID wrote:
Cheers, worth a look then?
yeah its a good track

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 7:55 Quote
d7teen wrote:
KEEPitSTUPID wrote:
yeah its a good track

Had a sneeky run up carlton bank today, who takes care of the track? Kudos to you lot!

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 9:56 Quote
KEEPitSTUPID wrote:
d7teen wrote:
KEEPitSTUPID wrote:
yeah its a good track

Had a sneeky run up carlton bank today, who takes care of the track? Kudos to you lot!

not sure really, spoke to a guy up there before who sometimes builds there but never seen anyone there doing any work theres also the old track that heads off down the other side of the bank, its also good but probs could do with a build up as it doesnt get used much i dont think

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 10:07 Quote
F
d7teen wrote:
KEEPitSTUPID wrote:
d7teen wrote:

yeah its a good track

not sure really, spoke to a guy up there before who sometimes builds there but never seen anyone there doing any work theres also the old track that heads off down the other side of the bank, its also good but probs could do with a build up as it doesnt get used much i dont think

The other side as in from the stone bench thing to away from lordstones? I went from the fence near that stone bench and then back towards lordstones camp sites

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 10:30 Quote
KEEPitSTUPID wrote:
F
d7teen wrote:
KEEPitSTUPID wrote:

The other side as in from the stone bench thing to away from lordstones? I went from the fence near that stone bench and then back towards lordstones camp sites

yeah thats the main track, but about half way down it splits off to the right to the old track (where the drop is before the big step down jump). i keep meaning to take a spade up and and make sure its cleared and still rideable and maybe tie it into the main track more so more people ride it.

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 10:53 Quote
Do you have to pay to ride at carlton ?

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 10:59 Quote
marquis wrote:
Do you have to pay to ride at carlton ?

no its free to park and ride

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 11:02 Quote
All year round ? and damn it's only like half hour from my house i think.

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 11:07 Quote
yeah just a track built by riders so nothing to pay and you can ride anytime though i think the cafe car park may shut about 6ish

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
Yea the cafe is shut down for refurbishment at the mo, it isnt a huge run but its full of features, really enjoyed it, i will be there alot more, and i shall have shovel with me, i will do my bit for good riding, Salute FTW

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 6:35 Quote
another gateshead rider here, been to most local forests for a look around but it seems like most of the old tracks have gone/fallen into disrepair. is there much info left on these spots? we tend to ride beamish mostly but looking for new stuff in chester le street now and again

Posted: Jan 19, 2012 at 5:42 Quote
Over the last few years myself and a few locals have been building/ maintaining some freeride/ DH/ dirt jumps in lambtons forest. Not too far from chester really.

Posted: Jan 19, 2012 at 6:32 Quote
johnjtaylor wrote:
Over the last few years myself and a few locals have been building/ maintaining some freeride/ DH/ dirt jumps in lambtons forest. Not too far from chester really.
Hmm, i thought that was a locked down area?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025936
Mobile Version of Website