66 or totem?

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
marquis wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
wow totems are ALOT more than i thought Frown
i guess my choice of a cheaper "fool" around fork for general use vanished lol
unless i got 66 but i hate marzocchi , dispite having a 888 wich is BUFF

06/07 66 were fly man.

yeh marzocchi just lost their rep in 2008 Frown my boss has a 2007 888 and its so much better than mine lol

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
marquis wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
wow totems are ALOT more than i thought Frown
i guess my choice of a cheaper "fool" around fork for general use vanished lol
unless i got 66 but i hate marzocchi , dispite having a 888 wich is BUFF

06/07 66 were fly man.

yeh marzocchi just lost their rep in 2008 Frown my boss has a 2007 888 and its so much better than mine lol

i got the 08 66RC3.
what makes them bad?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
freerider49 wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
marquis wrote:

06/07 66 were fly man.

i got the 08 66RC3.
what makes them bad?

Did you buy it new? If so, its probably a later 08 model which those don't have all the problems the early 08 models had.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
Totems if you got the money, but only if they are solo air!
66 RC3 FTW if you got an average budget.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
freerider49 wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:

i got the 08 66RC3.
what makes them bad?

Did you buy it new? If so, its probably a later 08 model which those don't have all the problems the early 08 models had.

Yea i bought it new 3 days ago.
What problmes did they have.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
freerider49 wrote:
Graphxxx wrote:
freerider49 wrote:

i got the 08 66RC3.
what makes them bad?

Yea i bought it new 3 days ago.
What problmes did they have.

The most i've heard was crappy bushings, leak, cracks, bad performance. So far how is yours?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
i used to be a marzo man, rockshox has shown light

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
freerider49 wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:

i got the 08 66RC3.
what makes them bad?

oh. dang i havent even put it on my bike yet. i bought it three days ago.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:46 Quote
rockafella wrote:

rock shock is the spotlight in the sea of 2 watt bulbs out there. only other brand that is in the same playing field is fox. (and maby bos, dunno, havent rode one)

and iv seen 08s marzz come ito our shop absoultly f*cked up. a guy (paul) (a local, and frequent shop shopper.) came in with his 08 marzz 66 rc3 and it was pissing oil all over the place. he swapped it for his older 06 66 rc2x, and even though the 08 is fixed, he wont touch it. iv ridden with him. he is a good rider, and does not abbuse his equpment. one of the many reasons why no one in our shop runs marzzochhi suspension unless it is older than 07.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
rockafella wrote:

rock shock is the spotlight in the sea of 2 watt bulbs out there. only other brand that is in the same playing field is fox. (and maby bos, dunno, havent rode one)

and iv seen 08s marzz come ito our shop absoultly f*cked up. a guy (paul) (a local, and frequent shop shopper.) came in with his 08 marzz 66 rc3 and it was pissing oil all over the place. he swapped it for his older 06 66 rc2x, and even though the 08 is fixed, he wont touch it. iv ridden with him. he is a good rider, and does not abbuse his equpment. one of the many reasons why no one in our shop runs marzzochhi suspension unless it is older than 07.

oh ok. i just bought one. what should i do.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
freerider49 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
rockafella wrote:

nothing. just ride it, and if it breaks, sent it to marzz and have them repalce everythign thats f*cked up with the 09 stuff. supposidly its better. im not trying to scare you about your fork, i hope it all goes well and you have a good one.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
freerider49 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
rockafella wrote:

Well ride her and see what pops out. If theirs no problems, deff keep it man! I love my 66 to death!

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
freerider49 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

Well ride her and see what pops out. If theirs no problems, deff keep it man! I love my 66 to death!

ok will do. what is the process if it brakes?????

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
th totem it may be higher matinence but the performance is incredible and i have a 66 POS

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
performance is truely incredible... for those who complain about seals, clean your stanctions every now an then and they shuold last more then half a year. buying one or two sets of seals a year isnt horrible, mine sure work beatifully.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019858
Mobile Version of Website