Underground DH race in the city

PB Forum :: Downhill
Underground DH race in the city
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 14:35 Quote
Obviously, i'm not going to give away too much online, but i want to gauge interest and get any tips off you guys.

Basically, for a while, i've been looking at arranging a "proper" mini-dh in some woods near my place in Nottingham, as a kind of community event (for charity, mate!). A few different classes, both for serious riders, and local kids that want to try out a bit of racing on whatever bike they bring. Get them on their bikes, in the woods, and off the street corner with that dodgy guy trying to sell them crap weed.

Unfortunately, the authorities and the sheer volume of red tape and bureaucracy has scuppered that plan.

The new plan is for a clandestine race in the woods this summer. The trail is not technical, but it is fast and steep with a lot of turns and switchbacks. My best time on it is 53 sec. That was the sh*t-your-pants run (for me).

So what's the best way to do timing on a short course, with little equipment? Two mobile phones? Are spoke cards the simplest way to number riders? Do i need to consider anything else?

And, if you're in/around nottingham, and interested, pm me.

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 at 6:20 Quote
I'd come to this matey

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020934
Mobile Version of Website