Best Single Speed Cranks For DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best Single Speed Cranks For DH
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
Slx? not that expensive almost the same weight as xt.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
north123shore wrote:
EVERYONE. He's not talking about bmx cranks, he's talking about single ring cranks. Who ever would run BMX cranks on a DH bike it a complete idiot, BMX cranks being hollow would not last at all. BMX cranks are acceptable on hard tails and maybe even 4x but NOT DH as they can't take it.
You are so wrong about hollow crank arms being weaker than solid forged arms. Google for proof or pay attention in physics.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:51 Quote
Bmx style cromo cranks like DMR cheiftain mk3 or ex type with 4 bolt spyder offer same strength as bmx cranks with chain guide compatibility.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
north123shore wrote:
EVERYONE. He's not talking about bmx cranks, he's talking about single ring cranks. Who ever would run BMX cranks on a DH bike it a complete idiot, BMX cranks being hollow would not last at all. BMX cranks are acceptable on hard tails and maybe even 4x but NOT DH as they can't take it.
So every single crank that shimano makes including saint is bad for downhill? Yes everyone else are idiots.Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
truvativ hussefelt dh crank is unbeatable

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
b1k3rseb wrote:
The cranks are good but the BB ways a tonne.

FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
my god come on! this is going on and on and on and on! the best single ring cranks is a SHIMANO SAINT, no bmx cranks nothing else! this is what the magority of people on this thread think! end thread!

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
konarider94 wrote:
b1k3rseb wrote:
yeh the bb suck and if u case big jumps and generally ride hard the arms bend and flex. they also come loose every 5 mins, get saints end of!!

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
konarider94 wrote:
north123shore wrote:
So every single crank that shimano makes including saint is bad for downhill? Yes everyone else are idiots.Rolleyes

I personally think your an idiot kona rider if you think that hollowtech cranks wont last. Hollowtech is stronger and lighter than the older styles of bottom bracket like square taper and splined. If your looking for a good single ring crank, go for the 09 saint. I have the double on my glory and it weighs nothing, so the single would be even lighter.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
maringuy wrote:
konarider94 wrote:
north123shore wrote:

I personally think your an idiot kona rider if you think that hollowtech cranks wont last. Hollowtech is stronger and lighter than the older styles of bottom bracket like square taper and splined. If your looking for a good single ring crank, go for the 09 saint. I have the double on my glory and it weighs nothing, so the single would be even lighter.
What? I was calling northshore an idiot for thinking hollow cranks won't last.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
konarider94 wrote:
maringuy wrote:
konarider94 wrote:

arent hollow cranks stronger? because u have more walls to bend or something?

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
lexx wrote:
konarider94 wrote:
maringuy wrote:

My bad Konarider, I thought you said that, and yea, the axle is about twice as thick

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
maringuy wrote:
lexx wrote:
konarider94 wrote:

My bad Konarider, I thought you said that, and yea, the axle is about twice as thick
No problemBig Grin

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
jamesyb1991 wrote:
konarider94 wrote:
b1k3rseb wrote:
yeh the bb suck and if u case big jumps and generally ride hard the arms bend and flex. they also come loose every 5 mins, get saints end of!!
So true...God its annoying.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 17:39 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
jamesyb1991 wrote:
konarider94 wrote:

So true...God its annoying.
you people need to properly torque your cranks on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021381
Mobile Version of Website