Best Single Speed Cranks For DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best Single Speed Cranks For DH
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
i torqued the shit out of my truvativ cranks and put loctite on the bolt and it would still come loose

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 17:46 Quote
I would suggest Saints, just as lots of people already have. I run them and have never had a problem, dont think you can go wrong with them.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
saturnine wrote:
i torqued the shit out of my truvativ cranks and put loctite on the bolt and it would still come loose
well then i guess they dont like you Blank Stare

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
dylaine wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
jamesyb1991 wrote:

yeh the bb suck and if u case big jumps and generally ride hard the arms bend and flex. they also come loose every 5 mins, get saints end of!!
So true...God its annoying.
you people need to properly torque your cranks on.
Trust me I did....

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
Truvative cranks on Howitzer BB are notorious for coming loose. It is a design thing, not a torque thing. And the Howitzer is one of the heaviest BB on the planet.

Saints are amazing cranks. I have them on my DH bike. I have an 83mm BB and 150mm rear spacing. If I didn't have that spacing I would have Profiles.

Both my 26" and my 24" MTBMX have Profiles. Profiles can be used for DH easily if you have a 68/73mm BB and 135mm rear spacing. With a Ti BB and the right chain guide they would rule.

People need to do some research and discover that it is not so much the crank as it is the chainline in DH. The goal is to keep the chain on the chainring. Whatever crank gets you there is irrelevent.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
rush10 wrote:
would u guys recommend truvativ stylo cranks for dh?

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
I would recommend Shimano Saint, Race Face DH, or the new HammerShmit!Cool

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
I am making my XT's fit an 83MM shell Cool

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
you mean you're making your 83mm bb shell fit xt cranks..

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
No, I mean I am making my XT's into 83's

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 20:59 Quote
changing spindle length?

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 21:32 Quote
that's pretty inventive

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
dylaine wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
jamesyb1991 wrote:

yeh the bb suck and if u case big jumps and generally ride hard the arms bend and flex. they also come loose every 5 mins, get saints end of!!
what so standing on a 8 inch long park tool allen key and the crank aint torqed enough ?? i dont believe i could have got it any tighter without an air gun lol. and it still came loose. truvative sux. id only advise holzafella if any.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
jamesyb1991 wrote:
dylaine wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
what so standing on a 8 inch long park tool allen key and the crank aint torqed enough ?? i dont believe i could have got it any tighter without an air gun lol. and it still came loose. truvative sux. id only advise holzafella if any.

depends how heavy you are,im 210 pounds and the allan key flexxes like a biatch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020604
Mobile Version of Website