Minaar's Stolen Honda Bike on eBay Germany?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Minaar's Stolen Honda Bike on eBay Germany?
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
In the German MTB Forum mtb-news.de, there is a thread where people post interesting, funny or bizzare bike-related eBay-Auctions.

Well, someone found this offer.:
[Quoten]http://cgi.ebay.de/Hond-RN-1-Weltcup-Team-Downhill-Bike_W0QQitemZ130292605201QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSport_Radsport_Fahrr%C3%A4der?hash=item130292605201&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1229|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting[/Quoten]

It's a Honda Worldcup DH Bike, this bike was never for sale to anyone. It was and is a Team-only bike. The bike offered on eBay is without the Gearbox, making it useless.

The interesting thing is, that in 2005 2 Honda Downhill bikes of the exact same kind were stolen from The Honda Wordcup team. Greg Minaar's and Matti Lehikoinens bike were stolen. Fourtunately for Honda, the stolen bikes had no gearboxes built in at that time

Here's an part of the article from honda's website:

bigquotesThe week started terribly for the team on Wednesday night when the two RN01 race bikes for riders Matti Lehikoinen and Greg Minnaar were stolen from a team vehicle, but fortunately this was without the technically innovate gear boxes, thus making the bikes useless to the thieves or anyone else. The mechanics and technical staff worked tirelessly to build up two new bikes in time for practice on Thursday morning, and they were only one hour late getting the riders on course.

The full article is here

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 13:24 Quote
how dumb you could never sell that bike on and not get caught never mind on ebay lol not that it would be any use with out the gear box anyhows

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
The great people from mtb-news (Hi, Hannibal, Hi, Azrael2011!), reported the offer to eBay and to Honda, I wrote an eMail to Greg Minaar asking if the bike could be one of the 2 stolen ones.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
I found this translation from the ad just plain funny: "Unfortunately I cannot say much, since I am not well versed with it."

I hope this guy gets what's coming to him.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
oxymoron wrote:
The great people from mtb-news (Hi, Hannibal, Hi, Azrael2011!), reported the offer to eBay and to Honda, I wrote an eMail to Greg Minaar asking if the bike could be one of the 2 stolen ones.

any the reply said?

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
Okay, here's an Update.
The guy who offers the bike got it from a liquidation of an apartment. (Azrael2011 wrote him). He does not seem to know what he really sells there. Apparently, he's shocked himself.

I'll keep you up-to-date!

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
OMG cant belive you found that id reports it minnar might come meet you lol Camera

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
Has anyone called the proper authorities?

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
dh-joe wrote:
OMG cant belive you found that id reports it minnar might come meet you lol Camera

Hannibal and Azrael2011 did most of the work, Hannibal found it, so props go to him, not me.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
princessDi-arrhea wrote:
Has anyone called the proper authorities?
yes, honda is informed. they will have to decide what to do.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
I think I'd come close to killing somebody if I found them with my bike....

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
oxymoron wrote:
princessDi-arrhea wrote:
Has anyone called the proper authorities?
yes, honda is informed. they will have to decide what to do.

honda better get him his bike back and punish the guy who stole it cant have dh champions without bikes

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
oxymoron wrote:
princessDi-arrhea wrote:
Has anyone called the proper authorities?
yes, honda is informed. they will have to decide what to do.

honda better get him his bike back and punish the guy who stole it cant have dh champions without bikes

not that minnar cares any more he has a v-10

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
deberguknottignham wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
oxymoron wrote:

yes, honda is informed. they will have to decide what to do.

honda better get him his bike back and punish the guy who stole it cant have dh champions without bikes

not that minnar cares any more he has a v-10

oops me forgot that

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
deberguknottignham wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
oxymoron wrote:

yes, honda is informed. they will have to decide what to do.

honda better get him his bike back and punish the guy who stole it cant have dh champions without bikes

not that minnar cares any more he has a v-10

i bet hed still want it, a mantle piece decor

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022079
Mobile Version of Website