Argyles or DJ

• Previous Page
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
Hi

This Thread is all about YOUR opinion!

People are always wandering which fork for their bike would be the best?

This Thread also helps people who are going to get a new dirt jumping fork

This is the DJ 1

photo

Last year we built the biggest thing to hit the 4X market. This year it’s even better! Before your next gate drops you need to be on a Marzocchi 4X. Of course, Dirt Jumper owned every event it entered. Our best riders use this fork on some of the most relentless trails made by man.
- 100mm Travel
- R Rebound Cartridge
- Air PL
- One Side Coil
- Alloy Steer Tube
- 32mm Aluminum Stanchions
- 6” Post Mount (Max Disc 8”)
- 20mm Axle

This is the 409 Argyle:

photo

"Freeriding is just another name for mountain biking. You can ride a mountain bike anywhere you like; mountains, skateparks, dirt jumps, streets, through creeks and mud, even in the snow. They can go anywhere. Just ride with your buddies anywhere you want, and have an awesome time playing around on your bike. Thats the only way the sport ever makes progress, because someone thinks up something messing around and then they actually do it. Don't be afraid to think openly, because it could be possible on a mountain bike." - Jamie Goldman

Specs:
Travel: 100mm

Travel Adjust: All-Travel space

Weight: 2358g (5.19 lbs)

Spring: Solo Air

Spring Adjust: Air pressure via single Schrader Valve

Damping: Motion Control

Damping Adjust: External rebound, low speed compression to 'lock' with internal floodgate

Lowers: Magnesium, Maxle 360 20mm axle, IS disc mount

Crown: Forged, 6061 T-6 aluminum

Steerer Tube: Aluminum 1 1/8"

Upper Tubes: 32mm, 4130 Tapered Wall Steel

*NOTE: Weight based on a 265mm steerer with Maxle 360

Thank you!

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
hey i think you should get argyles considering you want to keep your stp lite i myself am getting them

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
my friend has a 2008 dj 1 on his riot and its really nice, not too heavy

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
im guessing this will be locked within 10 pages, if not 5...

i cant really say anything. i like my 08 DJ 2, but ive never ridden an argyle

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
Thisishowiroll wrote:
none of them
what's a good light fork them?

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
stp124 wrote:
Thisishowiroll wrote:
none of them
what's a good light fork them?
fox i love.Mine

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 6:17 Quote
I have an argyle on my Transition Trail or Park and love it. The only marzocchi I had was a TST-R and it had to go back for warranty work twice in about 8 months.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 6:37 Quote
I would say, having riden all, that you should get either 06 DJ1's, or Argyles. Any later year models of the DJ1 are made by SR suntour, and the 08 range just fall apart after the smallest crashes or riding.

I think my argyles run smoother than the DJ1 06's, but both are good.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 7:07 Quote
they both suck in my experience. my friends DJ 1s have had nothing but problems (rebound blew up, etc.) my argyles on the other hand lasted about half a season then they started bottoming out halfway through the travel. so......if i would get a new fork i would spend a bit extra and go FOX!!

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
ive ridden djs before and i didnt mind them. but i did get tired of them bottoming out all the time. so i decided to try out an argyle 318 on my black market riot and wow i have only ridden the bike once at an indoor skatepark and right away u notice the argyles arre so much more plush. its amazing i love my argyles im glad i didnt listen to my old bike shop owner. he said argyles suck ass but hes an idiot. ne way theyre both good forks but you will see such a difference on an argyle.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 7:17 Quote
so if fox's are better than what one would you run on a dj/street bike?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
jon1990 wrote:
so if fox's are better than what one would you run on a dj/street bike?
if you have the cash and not too smooth get the 36 but i have the 32 van lowered to 60 and its sweet

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012242
Mobile Version of Website