What are good 3.0 freeride tires??? Help!!!

PB Forum :: Canada - West
What are good 3.0 freeride tires??? Help!!!
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
can you still get IRC 3.0 tires?

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
3.0 tires are good for hucking like the stuff bender did

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:24 Quote
the people that are saying they suck? did you actually try them? The places I ride at is extremely rocky and bumpy, I can see the 3.0 coming in handy bc you can run them at super low air pressure. I think the arrow srs is designed to run at 15-30 psi. If this took some of the sting out of small bumps I could see these being useful. Im ordering a pair, ill report after I give them a run.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
I got a pair of Nokian Gazzolodi's. They had to be shaved a bit to fit my frame. I love them, I thought they would be overkill and sloppy but looked fun to try. I first tryed them in Plattykil Pa.

These tires are a different animal. First, you dont feel the weight much in fact it creates a gyro effect keeping your bike more stable in the air. I liked that since my bike tended to go left in the rear with other tires.

Secondly, they run at only 30 psi and the rubber is mad thick. It absorbs a lot of small bumps you would usually feel on the trails. Secondly it picks your bike up an inch, even if this tire flexed i cant see you getting a dinged rim or pinch flat the rubber is just too thick.

I ran them on azonic outlaw rims, which i think are really wide to begin with. I dont see this tire as sloppy at all.

Massive contact pad, massive traction.....

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2012 at 2:20 Quote
you can get duro leopard 24x3.0 tires under the brand identiti (model contra) on chainreactioncycles or unicycle.com
you can also get a Duro leopard 26x3.0 on unicycle.com.
Arrow also makes them but they might be more expensive.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008745
Mobile Version of Website