Transition Blindside V.S Specialized Demo 7

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Transition Blindside V.S Specialized Demo 7
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
title says it all, im stuck between these, and wondering what you think is better, for freeride and a bit of downhill.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
anyone got any oppinions?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 11:51 Quote
tobygoodger wrote:
anyone got any oppinions?
aha i would buy a blind side they defo have a good rep and i love the way they ride

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 11:54 Quote
go with the transition. Rider owned and operated can't be beat, they're really cool over there.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
I ride a transition and i like it alot, great bikes. But just FYI Spec is owned and operated by riders as well... I work in a shop that sells transition and spec. And just from past experiences Spec makes a better bike.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
livinfortheride wrote:
I ride a transition and i like it alot, great bikes. But just FYI Spec is owned and operated by riders as well... I work in a shop that sells transition and spec. And just from past experiences Spec makes a better bike.

Have to say that the second biggest IBD supplier probably doesn't quite have the personality that a smaller company might.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
I have a blindside and it's fantastic. I would highly suggest that you get the vivid 5.1 if you do get it. I never have had a chance to thoroughly test out a demo 7.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
phobospwns wrote:
livinfortheride wrote:

Have to say that the second biggest IBD supplier probably doesn't quite have the personality that a smaller company might.

And I bet if you got to know spec as a company u would completely change your mind. the point here though is for a FR bike or DH spec has FSR and wicked cold forging. My demo was an amazing bike and rediculously durable. And my Bottlerocket just cant compete with the ride of my SX trail. But maybe between a demo 7 and BS is different. Even though its the same susp design as each company's smaller bikes. Either way though great bikes. You will be happy with either.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 13:11 Quote
which one is better for abuse and quite aggresive freeride, i know that dmos have really strong frames but, i think generally transitions ride better?and look better.
anyone know how much they cost in sterling?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
ridetolivelivetoride wrote:
I have a blindside and it's fantastic. I would highly suggest that you get the vivid 5.1 if you do get it. I never have had a chance to thoroughly test out a demo 7.

I was going to order a blidside with a Fox 5.0. Why do you like the vivid and have you ridin on a fox to compare?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
Here is a great review of the blindside, it's very balanced and honest.

http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/2008-transition-blindside/

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
i honestlly cant think of one advantage to a blindside over a demo. my demo 7 2 was 38 lbs out of the box, fsr suspention, super spec list, pedals well. 7.7 inches of travel, and super tough frame. plus specialized is a dream to deal with. they will fully help you if anyhting gos wrong. i work in a shop, and it was no question. ( i could have ordered transition frame) if you have any questions, feel free to ask, but i honestly cant think of one place where the transition would be better

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
While I agree that the Demo is a better platform, you can eliminate brake jack from the Blindside with the floating brake. While it still won't pedal as well as a Demo, to be honest pedaling is going to suck with bikes this big anyways. One gripe that many have with the Demo is a dead feeling ride. While it sticks to the ground and soaks everything up, it has no pop. Single pivot designs (like the Blindside) have a far more lively feel than the FSR of the Demo. Both bikes are extremely strong and backed by reliable companies that are known for good customer service. I would say for predominantly FR and some DH, Blindside with a floating brake and for more DH and some FR, a Demo. If you want more info, trying contacting my buddy with the username sicle , he has owned both a demo and a blindside.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
truffles wrote:
While I agree that the Demo is a better platform, you can eliminate brake jack from the Blindside with the floating brake. While it still won't pedal as well as a Demo, to be honest pedaling is going to suck with bikes this big anyways. One gripe that many have with the Demo is a dead feeling ride. While it sticks to the ground and soaks everything up, it has no pop. Single pivot designs (like the Blindside) have a far more lively feel than the FSR of the Demo. Both bikes are extremely strong and backed by reliable companies that are known for good customer service. I would say for predominantly FR and some DH, Blindside with a floating brake and for more DH and some FR, a Demo. If you want more info, trying contacting my buddy with the username sicle , he has owned both a demo and a blindside.

i disagree. it does soak up everythign, but it is far from dead. its more exiting that my old stab ( single pivot) but ok...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010202
Mobile Version of Website