Peace and harmony between mtb, bmx and skateboarders

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Peace and harmony between mtb, bmx and skateboarders
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 3:29 Quote
the skaters where i live are realy chill and supernice so i realy dont have a problem with them, and the bmxers are great aswell , i dont understand all the problems between skaters bmxers and mtbers in other places ?
the only thing i dont like is that most skateparks in southern sweden are pretty much skate only, but thats not the skaters fault !

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 3:30 Quote
Killerskilz wrote:
the skaters where i live are realy chill and supernice so i realy dont have a problem with them, and the bmxers are great aswell , i dont understand all the problems between skaters bmxers and mtbers in other places ?
the only thing i dont like is that most skateparks in southern sweden are pretty much skate only, but thats not the skaters fault !
im moving. now

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
iv found sharing a bowl or j really helps

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
Killerskilz wrote:
im moving. now
+1

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
trustsoldier wrote:
dirtjump4321 wrote:
trustsoldier wrote:
true...but at Dirtjumps and other neatly put together tracks MTB tend to be more reckless (they can case a bit more etc.)

theres a certain point when everyone is just session though that its all about respect..and just riding
thats why its the shizznat when it all comes together

You calling us mtbs casers

i am also a mountain biker

yes big wheels eat away more at jumps obviouslly.....

caseing means u cant make the jump not big wheels

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
here there arent many problems as far as i know, only when u go into the skatepark with dirt under your tires they can be pretty pissed (it was like half a year ago). But with bmxers and skaters i dont talk that much, the inline skaters are pretty annoying though. Sure, they are doing awesome stuff but they kinda thinks that the park belongs to them, maybe because they indead are quite good but it gets kinda annoying.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
in my area, there is very little hate between skaters a bikers (MTB and BMX). naturally, MTB'ers get along better with BMX'ers since we're all biking, while theres more tension between skaters and bikers that dont know each other as well.

my area is so small, we all become friends, and then when we get to the park, we're like, hey, i didnt know you rode/skated!

anyway, we all get along pretty good, so its pretty sweet. its nice when you see some skaters riding some street where you usually go that your not like, aw, theyre in my spot!. you just go over and ride. actually, we often ask one another to ride together after school or whatever. we dont care what whos riding, we just all do whatever as a big group...

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 17:08 Quote
there's always going to be problems because there is no chance in hell that everybody can get along, regardless of whether they ride bmx, mtb, or skateboard.

For example i hate the majority of mtbers in my town, just because they're a*sholes, it has nothing to do with the fact they ride mtb's.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
I think the main problem is the type of people who do these sports.

Many skatebaorders are chavs. (Although human in appearance, these creatures are actually a combination of apes and worms)

They are the worst when it comes to hating. They cause shit just because they want to up their ego, and look hard innit'. I also think many skateboarders are arrogant and big-headed. I get the impression that that they think our bikes are too big (When sitting at the top of flatbanks etc.) and that biking is easy and unchallenging, thus of course making the riders of them complete twats.. Blank Stare

Bmxing in general I think has taken in alot more of the pretty boy scene kids, who cant ride unless theyre hair is right, they are equipped with their skinny jeans and they're indie *ag shirts. They BMX mostly becasue they want to impress people, not becasue they enjoy it.

Mountainbikers are mostly older, around 20 I find, but there are alot of little kids getting into it now, like 13 year olds, and think in general the new generation (A few years younger than me) is full of cocky bastards, who think they own at everything, when really they just have more balls than brains, huck off anything and land sketchily/die/end up in hospital.

I myself ride 24"s and a BMX, and I just try to be as down to earth as I can.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. Thats just my opionon and generalizition, it does not apply to everyone! Wink

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 6:52 Quote
dirtjumpdan wrote:
I think the main problem is the type of people who do these sports.

Many skatebaorders are chavs. (Although human in appearance, these creatures are actually a combination of apes and worms)

They are the worst when it comes to hating. They cause shit just because they want to up their ego, and look hard innit'. I also think many skateboarders are arrogant and big-headed. I get the impression that that they think our bikes are too big (When sitting at the top of flatbanks etc.) and that biking is easy and unchallenging, thus of course making the riders of them complete twats.. Blank Stare

Bmxing in general I think has taken in alot more of the pretty boy scene kids, who cant ride unless theyre hair is right, they are equipped with their skinny jeans and they're indie *ag shirts. They BMX mostly becasue they want to impress people, not becasue they enjoy it.

Mountainbikers are mostly older, around 20 I find, but there are alot of little kids getting into it now, like 13 year olds, and think in general the new generation (A few years younger than me) is full of cocky bastards, who think they own at everything, when really they just have more balls than brains, huck off anything and land sketchily/die/end up in hospital.

I myself ride 24"s and a BMX, and I just try to be as down to earth as I can.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. Thats just my opionon and generalizition, it does not apply to everyone! Wink

wow your opinion sucks balls big time there fella.

i have never seen a chav on a skateboard yet,and they generally hate bikers because bikers believe they rule all and everyone should get out of the way,yes there needs to be more places for all to go but if people shared the places we have in a sensible manner everyone would get along.

our local park is used by roller bladers,dj,bmx and skateboard dudes and all it takes is a little appreciation of all people to get along.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 6:58 Quote
At our skatepark the skaters believe the own it and tell bikers to get out because its a "SKATE"park but the only seem to pick on riders younger than themselves but once the older riders who can tailwhip and stuff turn up the seem to suck up to them. Most of the skaters are nice people untill their in a big group then they have attitude coming out there asses. I havnt notcied any tesion between BMX and MTB though.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
marquis wrote:
dirtjumpdan wrote:
'Rant..'

wow your opinion sucks balls big time there fella.

i have never seen a chav on a skateboard yet,and they generally hate bikers because bikers believe they rule all and everyone should get out of the way,yes there needs to be more places for all to go but if people shared the places we have in a sensible manner everyone would get along.

our local park is used by roller bladers,dj,bmx and skateboard dudes and all it takes is a little appreciation of all people to get along.

How do they suck balls?

And I see your point, I havent been to every skatepark in England in order to make these statements, but at my local park chavs on skateboards are pretty common.

And my local park also often has about 5/6 bikers top, and about 30/40 skaters. They know that they annoy bikers, and you can tell when their doing stuff to just be cocks.

Il quickly explain one example for you.

Imagine a small jumpbox on the right hand side, and a bigger one on the left joined to it. Both are about 4 foot wide. Me and my mates are sessioning the bigger box, and the skaters (around 10 of them) the smaller one. About 6 of the skaters decide to go and sit on the edge of the big box, clearly in the way, and when told they might get hit when we were riding near them, tried to 'take it outside' and told us they were sitting there so they could watch their mates sission the small box.

My definition of tw*ts right there.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 13:25 Quote
What gets on my nerves is the little kids and their parents that think it is a playground. I am so sick of having half the park cut off because some parent is letting one kid draw pictures in the park with sidewalk chalk while their 8 year old slides down the quarterpipes.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
i wish it was peace between all 3
at the local park skaters and bmxers go along very well but all the bmxers seem to hate mtb.i was taliking to this bmxer about getting an mtb again and he said if i did he,d never talk to me againConfused but i dont really care

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 2:39 Quote
NORTY wrote:
At our skatepark the skaters believe the own it and tell bikers to get out because its a "SKATE"park but the only seem to pick on riders younger than themselves but once the older riders who can tailwhip and stuff turn up the seem to suck up to them. Most of the skaters are nice people untill their in a big group then they have attitude coming out there asses. I havnt notcied any tesion between BMX and MTB though.

yeah at first they pick on you then you do some craziness and they kiss your ass. they all think biking is easy yet they cant even get air. they think that cos all the good ones make it look like any idiot can do it (which is awesome). then theres the poser bmx crowd who think theyre the shit cos they can air out 2 inches or less and make fun of you becasue they havnt seen you ride since you just got into the sport then it trns out your better because they spend to much time making fun of new riders instead of actually riding.
but for the most part bmx riders and mtb riders get along, as for skaters they all do drugs, sit around and wanting to steal your bike so they can sell it and get more drugs and cigarettes even though theyre underage then show up to school stoned and fail every exam they ever did

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022208
Mobile Version of Website