Getting a laptop...Need some Advice

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Getting a laptop...Need some Advice
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 0:50 Quote
Well, I realize I have to respect your opinion.
Personally, the reason I like Mac's are their clean design but I guess I need more than that.

BTW, Is that bike a P series?

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 0:55 Quote
I'm an Apple whore so my opinion is biased. Or is it?

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 18:23 Quote
CarbonOS wrote:
Well, I realize I have to respect your opinion.
Personally, the reason I like Mac's are their clean design but I guess I need more than that.

BTW, Is that bike a P series?

well yeah, i get frustrated with macs somtimes. windows picture and fax viewer > stupid preview. there are annoyances i find with mac, that i have to adapt to. but i like it as a whole. i have to respect your opinion too, yes, windows definitely has its fair share of benefits.

yes, it's an 08 p2.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 18:24 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:

so you're like me. so to answer your question... probably. but the first step to healing is acceptance of your problem... and you said it straight up that you're an apple whore. lol

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

so you're like me. so to answer your question... probably. but the first step to healing is acceptance of your problem... and you said it straight up that you're an apple whore. lol

I'm on my MacBook with my hacked iPod Touch in my pocket.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 18:33 Quote
i like the ipod touch, but i can get a pair of hayes stroker trails or sth for my bike instead, and i already have a macbook, so i figured i didn't need the functionality of the touch. to me, it's a half-assed computer. my 30gb 5.5 g ipod was part of a deal with my macbook, and i disabled album art on it just because songs would load a little faster and i could get to the star rating thing in the now playing screen without so many clicks, so additional features would be almost useless to me.

however, if hackers are able to continually hack the touch like psp hackers did with the psp, then i'd get the touch when there are some killer apps for it. but for now... i'll stick with my ipod, thank you very much.

killer apps to convince me with, makalaster? all this talking makes me wanna not upgrade my bike for a while and get an 8 gig touch... Frown you suck.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 18:36 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
i like the ipod touch, but i can get a pair of hayes stroker trails or sth for my bike instead, and i already have a macbook, so i figured i didn't need the functionality of the touch. to me, it's a half-assed computer. my 30gb 5.5 g ipod was part of a deal with my macbook, and i disabled album art on it just because songs would load a little faster and i could get to the star rating thing in the now playing screen without so many clicks, so additional features would be almost useless to me.

however, if hackers are able to continually hack the touch like psp hackers did with the psp, then i'd get the touch when there are some killer apps for it. but for now... i'll stick with my ipod, thank you very much.

killer apps to convince me with, makalaster? all this talking makes me wanna not upgrade my bike for a while and get an 8 gig touch... Frown you suck.

The 16g is worth it. What type of apps you got in mind? There are tons out there already.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 18:58 Quote
game boy emulators? haha

um... just realy useful tools or apps that you use or would use almost every day, if not at least once a week. just list your favourites, and i'll tell you what catches my eye.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 19:01 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
game boy emulators? haha

um... just realy useful tools or apps that you use or would use almost every day, if not at least once a week. just list your favourites, and i'll tell you what catches my eye.

There is an NES emulator.

There are already about 250 free apps out there.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 19:02 Quote
I like weDict, Text Edit, Finder, and a few games the most. There are also some cool updates.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 19:06 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
game boy emulators? haha

There is an NES emulator.

There are already about 250 free apps out there.

but what do you find your favourite and the most useful?

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 19:43 Quote
Wasn't there some controversy between Apple and its customers about the hacked iPhone business? I was considering getting one but, the bricking scared me into getting a s500i instead.

Oh, and for iPhone/Touch mp4 player, google the "Ainol V2000". Sounds like "anal" i know. Waaaaaay more apps and tons of emulators. I think I'll have to start a thread about favorite handhelds.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
CarbonOS wrote:
Wasn't there some controversy between Apple and its customers about the hacked iPhone business? I was considering getting one but, the bricking scared me into getting a s500i instead.

Oh, and for iPhone/Touch mp4 player, google the "Ainol V2000". Sounds like "anal" i know. Waaaaaay more apps and tons of emulators. I think I'll have to start a thread about favorite handhelds.

All you have to do is download the updates from your server of choice and not from apple. If it did get bricked all you have to do is plug it into your computer and re-launch it. Pretty easy.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 22:22 Quote
stop! stop! i don't wanna have to go out and buy another gadget! gahhhh...

i'm happy with my ipod
i'm happy with my ipod
i'm happy with my ipod
*deep breath*

okay. don't make me want an ipod touch now, i won't have enough money for my bike and future trials bike >

i'll get it once they come out with more than 20 gigs of storage. so i'm guessing, the next time they update the touch it'll be 16 and 32 gigs? i'll get the 32 gig one then.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 22:32 Quote
HP pavilon dv9000 entertainment laptop
thats what im on right now.
1500$ well worth it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014546
Mobile Version of Website