Post Your Rawed Bike!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post Your Rawed Bike!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
I have a rawed frame, AND I LOVE IT!!!!

So I want to see yours guys rawed bikes as well!

Here's mine:
photo

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
looks really dope, are those the alienation delinquent rims?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
beckwtp wrote:

nope there alienations though Smile there the runway's

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
what would you say the best way to "raw" a frame is? i think i'd like to make my bmx raw...

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
theGRIMreaper wrote:
beckwtp wrote:

Nice man, those are some nice rims, f*cking retardedly lite too

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
what would you say the best way to "raw" a frame is? i think i'd like to make my bmx raw...

use some kind of paint stripper, it looks better then if you were to sand blast IMO

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
beckwtp wrote:
jv86416 wrote:

use some kind of paint stripper, it looks better then if you were to sand blast IMO

ya, and alot cheaper, a can of paint remover is less than 10 buck, and you just need some gloves and a crappy paint brush

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
beckwtp wrote:
theGRIMreaper wrote:
beckwtp wrote:

Nice man, those are some nice rims, f*cking retardedly lite too

ya i know.....like 14 oz each

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
alright thanks. does it take a long time to do?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
jv86416 wrote:

ya it'll probably take a few hours from when you start taking your bike apart to when its ready to ride.......after you hang your frame up, spread the remover on and wait about 20-30 minutes before you scrape it off (or you can use a powerwasher if you got one) you may have to put some more remover on if all of it doesnt come off first time....just keep doin it till all the paints off Big Grin ................MAKE SURE TO CLEAR COAT OR YOUR BIKE WILL GET DEATH RUSTED!!! I personally like the gloss clear, but mine is a matte clear coat............hope that helps...good luck!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:31 Quote
thanks a lot. i appreciate it. i always thought the only way to raw a frame was to use sand paper on it. lol

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 23:13 Quote
theGRIMreaper wrote:
jv86416 wrote:

ya it'll probably take a few hours from when you start taking your bike apart to when its ready to ride.......after you hang your frame up, spread the remover on and wait about 20-30 minutes before you scrape it off (or you can use a powerwasher if you got one) you may have to put some more remover on if all of it doesnt come off first time....just keep doin it till all the paints off Big Grin ................MAKE SURE TO CLEAR COAT OR YOUR BIKE WILL GET DEATH RUSTED!!! I personally like the gloss clear, but mine is a matte clear coat............hope that helps...good luck!

not all frames some frames are rustproof in and outside

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 0:00 Quote
photo

photo

photo

photo

rawed cranks and rear tri

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 0:34 Quote
flowbear wrote:
photo

photo
photo
photo
rawed cranks and rear tri
nice! i love that look

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 6:46 Quote
Cavaties wrote:
theGRIMreaper wrote:
jv86416 wrote:

not all frames some frames are rustproof in and outside

good point, but how do you know if it is? i thought chromolly didnt rust but i saw someone who rawed their s3.5 and didnt clear it, and it got complety death rusted

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.046654
Mobile Version of Website