why mechanical for dj/street?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
why mechanical for dj/street?
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 13:16 Quote
if you do use mechanicals then buy some avid sd7 levers i think there the best as they have a lever ajustment thingy so you can have the brake setup ; however you want it.Wink

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 15:02 Quote
[Quote="creamsoda89"]
roro4000 wrote:
your bb5s were probably "underpowered" due to poor setup or a bad choice in brake levers - my friend's little brother has bb5's on his trek jack and feel like shit because he's got them hooked up to alivio combo levers, whereas i had amazing power with avid fr5's.
yea haha matt my bros brakes do feel like shit cause im to lazy to set em up but yea for street i like hydro cause the pull is easier and if ur looking into hydros i have had no problems with hayes stroker trails

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 15:09 Quote
I took the Hydros off my STP and put BB5s on and they work awesome. Never failed me on abubacas (they lock) and modulate enough for manuals (I know, i shouldn't use brakes for manuals but I suck).
the one thing that can make any avid brake feel junky is the 3 dimensional adjustment - spend the extra time getting the pads to hit the rotor totally flat and the brakes will work great.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 15:11 Quote
mechanicals are cheapers, don't get broken as much, and you don't need them like you would for dh

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016254
Mobile Version of Website