Single Speed Hub

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Single Speed Hub
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
Hello all,

I am looking for a single speed hub for my Blk Mrkt Riot. I would like it to be 32 hole with a 14 tooth or smaller sprocket. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-David

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:
Hello all,

I am looking for a single speed hub for my Blk Mrkt Riot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-David
KHE freecoaster

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/gg__allin/geisha_mtb.jpg

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
just get one of the transition single speed hubs off the site to go with your hoop

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
jaycurtis wrote:
just get one of the transition single speed hubs off the site to go with your hoop

They are 36 hole i have 32 hole.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
oh so you got a front hoop they should make a 36 though

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
go get a hub, then buy a single speed kit, and there ya go.
what i did.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
eisernes wrote:
what i did.

Thats what i have now and there are to many problems i am going single speed hub.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:22 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:
eisernes wrote:
what i did.

Thats what i have now and there are to many problems i am going single speed hub.
what problems do you have?

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
eisernes wrote:
DavidMcComb wrote:
eisernes wrote:
what i did.

Bearings getting crushed, sprocket alignment, sprocket size, chain skipping, everytime i pedal the chain pops off. i have replaced the chain 2 times and have tried 3 different rear sprockets. same thing every time.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:
eisernes wrote:
DavidMcComb wrote:

Bearings getting crushed, sprocket alignment, sprocket size, chain skipping, everytime i pedal the chain pops off. i have replaced the chain 2 times and have tried 3 different rear sprockets. same thing every time.
did you get it done at a shop?
could be the spacers aren't right, or something might be bent.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
What is your budget? If you are willing to spend the money, I cannot recommend the King SS ISO enough, as I run one myself. It is very light, being just a couple grams more than the Hope Pro II. The performance is unmatched, with so many engagement points. That also means it has a great sound. It isn't as hard a clicking, but when it's rolling, it sounds like an angry bee. The hub is also quite strong, especially with the Ti axle and fun-bolts like I have. The style of it also allows for a rock solid wheel build. My MTX on King has been taking spins for about a year now, and hasn't warped or even loosened! Finally, it looks amazing and adds the snob factor to your bike, but in a good way -- everyone comments and wants it.

Like I said though, you need da Benjamin's (or rather the Robert Borden's in my case), because the hub is like 500. It is better value for money than the Haldley SS though. Those are essentially the same, including price, but they are almost 100g heavier (even with the Ti body they are heavier). I run a Hadley too, and love it; I am just saying that for the price, go with King for street. Hadley is stronger, though, which is why I use it for DH.

As for eisernes, I wouldn't recommend using an SS kit. They do work, but are not nearly as reliable as SS hubs. I don't understand what they are good for, because SS hubs are easy to come by, and the kit won't save much, if any money.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 13:07 Quote
juicyt wrote:
What is your budget? If you are willing to spend the money, I cannot recommend the King SS ISO enough, as I run one myself. It is very light, being just a couple grams more than the Hope Pro II. The performance is unmatched, with so many engagement points. That also means it has a great sound. It isn't as hard a clicking, but when it's rolling, it sounds like an angry bee. The hub is also quite strong, especially with the Ti axle and fun-bolts like I have. The style of it also allows for a rock solid wheel build. My MTX on King has been taking spins for about a year now, and hasn't warped or even loosened! Finally, it looks amazing and adds the snob factor to your bike, but in a good way -- everyone comments and wants it.

Like I said though, you need da Benjamin's (or rather the Robert Borden's in my case), because the hub is like 500. It is better value for money than the Haldley SS though. Those are essentially the same, including price, but they are almost 100g heavier (even with the Ti body they are heavier). I run a Hadley too, and love it; I am just saying that for the price, go with King for street. Hadley is stronger, though, which is why I use it for DH.

As for eisernes, I wouldn't recommend using an SS kit. They do work, but are not nearly as reliable as SS hubs. I don't understand what they are good for, because SS hubs are easy to come by, and the kit won't save much, if any money.
not disagreeing with any of this because i only have ran a ss kit, thats because i didnt want to buy a brand new wheel, when i could use my current one and get a 30$ ss kit. and mine has been holding up good, luck maybe?

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
That makes sense, save some money. I am not saying SS kits are bad, they are just not as good as actual SS hubs, because they are not perfectly compatible. It's sort of like a car. You can upgrade an average family care as much as you want, but it will never be as good as an actual race car.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
I got it done at the local shop brand new conversion kit and still the same problem. they think it is my hub so i am just buying a new one. Any idea on the king hub?

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
juicyt wrote:
That makes sense, save some money. I am not saying SS kits are bad, they are just not as good as actual SS hubs, because they are not perfectly compatible. It's sort of like a car. You can upgrade an average family care as much as you want, but it will never be as good as an actual race car.
again i agree, lol and yea was just looking to save some cashh

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015264
Mobile Version of Website