any one know any good dirt jumps in bristol ?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
any one know any good dirt jumps in bristol ?
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 9:35 Quote
any one know any good dirt jumps in bristol

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
it depends how big you want to go mate but thre are some very good proper big dirt jumps at a spot called the pencil jumps on the cycle path near emersons green if thats wht ur looking for mate

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
beanhead44 wrote:
it depends how big you want to go mate but thre are some very good proper big dirt jumps at a spot called the pencil jumps on the cycle path near emersons green if thats wht ur looking for mate

ye thats what im looking for can u like make up a googel map thing and mark on there were they are plz how big are the gaps

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
hi mate well there on the cycle track so you wont be able to see it on google maps, i might be able to give you directions if you let me know whereabouts in bristol your coming from or what bits of the cycle path you know of as for the jumps there big theres smaller ones at around 4-5 ft high and the 5-6 wide ish and the bigger ones are up and around the 10 ft in distance and have the hight to match mark but its hard to say as ive never ridden the big ones will just say they should offer you plenty of fun and its the best quality jump spot i know of in bristol i havent been there in ages but a freind has told me that there all in good nic.
cheers

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
beanhead44 wrote:
hi mate well there on the cycle track so you wont be able to see it on google maps, i might be able to give you directions if you let me know whereabouts in bristol your coming from or what bits of the cycle path you know of as for the jumps there big theres smaller ones at around 4-5 ft high and the 5-6 wide ish and the bigger ones are up and around the 10 ft in distance and have the hight to match mark but its hard to say as ive never ridden the big ones will just say they should offer you plenty of fun and its the best quality jump spot i know of in bristol i havent been there in ages but a freind has told me that there all in good nic.
cheers

yate lol if u no were that is i should be able to do them

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
yeh mate i know yate, well if you get to bristols ring road from your house you should end up at the roudabout by the beefeater or by the shell garage depending on what way you come. you can jump on the cycle track there but make sure you get onto the right hand side of the ring road wen u get to a bridge or summit and follow the cycle track left if yates behind you. get over to emersons green retail park by followin the cycle track then follow the cycle track towards keynham i think theres a few ways of doing that but askin ppl will et u heading in the right direction theyll no where to go. then jst follow it for about 10 minutes following the cyclepah keeping the ring road on your left then youll get to archway over the path that looks like bent pencils just on from there keep an eye out for any gaps or dirt tracks through the hedgerow and bushes cuz u cant see the jumps from the path and thats it lol. if you end up at a load of old railway platforms youve gone to far and dont end up crossing over the ring road on bridges after youve ridden through emersons green stay on the track and follow the ring road right towards keynsham there should be sign posts. sorry the directions are naff mate ill see if i can find a map for you.
cheers

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
beanhead44 wrote:
yeh mate i know yate, well if you get to bristols ring road from your house you should end up at the roudabout by the beefeater or by the shell garage depending on what way you come. you can jump on the cycle track there but make sure you get onto the right hand side of the ring road wen u get to a bridge or summit and follow the cycle track left if yates behind you. get over to emersons green retail park by followin the cycle track then follow the cycle track towards keynham i think theres a few ways of doing that but askin ppl will et u heading in the right direction theyll no where to go. then jst follow it for about 10 minutes following the cyclepah keeping the ring road on your left then youll get to archway over the path that looks like bent pencils just on from there keep an eye out for any gaps or dirt tracks through the hedgerow and bushes cuz u cant see the jumps from the path and thats it lol. if you end up at a load of old railway platforms youve gone to far and dont end up crossing over the ring road on bridges after youve ridden through emersons green stay on the track and follow the ring road right towards keynsham there should be sign posts. sorry the directions are naff mate ill see if i can find a map for you.
cheers

thank you very much Big Grin

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
heres what the pencill sculpture looks like mate if youve seen this then your pretty much there
http://www.theblaineys.co.uk/big-pencils.jpg

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
beanhead44 wrote:
heres what the pencill sculpture looks like mate if youve seen this then your pretty much there
http://www.theblaineys.co.uk/big-pencils.jpg

ok thanks Big Grin

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 16:51 Quote
Hi sorry, new student going to Bristol UWE desperatly trying to find some trails, could you help with those directions again mate?? checking on google maps, yate and the industrial park and that other place you mensioned are quite far from eachother. could you name some roads etc so i can follow on google earth where i can get onto this cycle path? much apreachated!

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 3:46 Quote
beanhead44 wrote:

is it near the bridge in pub ?? Big Grin

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 6:12 Quote
i found them lst night there pretty big but i didnt try them i pussyed out lol Pimp

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 19:13 Quote
where abouts do i go from uwe guys?.... seriously struggling...Frown

Posted: Feb 20, 2011 at 0:44 Quote
blazing420 wrote:
where abouts do i go from uwe guys?.... seriously struggling...Frown

what do you want dirt jumps ? pencils or where?

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 9:28 Quote
wherever's close mate!
yeh dirt jumps are good Wink
tried finding area on google map but no luck, any chance you could show me on there?

keen on downhill too, was told about leigh woods and that area but by the time i get there i would've used most of my energy haha. man it sucks moving up here and losing the privilege of trails 2 minutes away...

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013054
Mobile Version of Website