any one know any good dirt jumps in bristol ?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
any one know any good dirt jumps in bristol ?
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 8:16 Quote
Will do chap. Hey, if they're not perfect, then I have a good excuse for being crap on them!

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 6:19 Quote
I'm out riding pencils nearly every dry day after work now if anyone up for a ride?? been clearing as much as i can over the last week, still a work in progress but plenty to ride still :-)

Posted: Sep 19, 2012 at 16:57 Quote
I have just started at uwe! very keen to find the local trails (djs) and help out digging and riding, please add me on facebook - Ryan Maynard Eames if your a local Smile

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 1:48 Quote
ryanme wrote:
I have just started at uwe! very keen to find the local trails (djs) and help out digging and riding, please add me on facebook - Ryan Maynard Eames if your a local Smile

add ed perkin on facebook and also dan hicks both lads i know who ride reglaur at places like weston and local stuff say i sent youWink

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
Are you guys still riding the pencils? Went down this weekend to have a look, it looks like someone's been digging recently.

FL
Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 15:41 Quote
token1 wrote:
Are you guys still riding the pencils? Went down this weekend to have a look, it looks like someone's been digging recently.

Hey man, I just found the pencils and was wondering who had been digging? Im new to Bristol and keen to get involved, got a spade and everything.

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
Still no idea, I've not been down since - I was a bit reluctant to pitch up with a spade without finding out who was digging first. Was any of it rideable when you went down?

FL
Posted: Mar 21, 2013 at 15:32 Quote
I went down again but still no one there, someone is definitely doing work though. I took a spade and did a little tinkering but yeh don't want to do too much without knowing the grand scheme. Few jumps in the small line had been ridden but not much, was quite wet, don't think drainage is great, need this rain to stop.

Posted: Apr 6, 2013 at 14:07 Quote
I've just moved to Bristol too, looking for some local trails. Keen to check out some dirt jumps tomorrow if anyone's riding?

FL
Posted: Apr 6, 2013 at 14:13 Quote
I went to pencils the other day, nobody else turned up but there are a few spades/tools and signs of people digging quite recently, the middle line was running Ok but the left line is being built and small line only the first 3 or 4 were rideable. But they are quite funBig Grin

Posted: Apr 6, 2013 at 15:53 Quote
http://www.facebook.com/groups/422569027827366/442199809197621/?notif_t=group_activity

check out this group, they have been digging a lot recently!

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 5:15 Quote
Just a note, All the roll ins at Bath will be getting chained off this weekend as we had loads of problems with people riding when it was too wet last year and generally wrecking the place.

If you do want to come down and ride just drop me a message, we are happy for new people to come down as long as they respect the work that we have put into them over the winter and help out with a bit of maintainance, don't change any jumps and take all rubbish home with them.

Thanks

FL
Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 13:10 Quote
scottiej wrote:
Just a note, All the roll ins at Bath will be getting chained off this weekend as we had loads of problems with people riding when it was too wet last year and generally wrecking the place.

Is there a group on facebook or anything that I can join as I would love to come down but would prefer to come when you guys are down there as I never know what to do digging wise when the main guys aren't there (at any trails i mean) so end up just patching up the existing jumps

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 13:19 Quote
I just actually added a bit to my previous post, I just realised that it sounded like we only want locals to ride but we just want to keep the place in good running order. it's why it got left to get overgrown for a few years; all the regular diggers lost interest because the trails were always getting wrecked. But we're all back on it now, have worked all winter and are in the process of getting all the old and new lines dialled in.

If you are willing to help out then you are more than welcome to come ride, ill PM you because the Facebook group is private.

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 13:52 Quote
scottiej wrote:
If you are willing to help out then you are more than welcome to come ride, ill PM you because the Facebook group is private.

Hi Scottie, just bought a bike after having a 10 year break, and am looking for somewhere to ride. Is there a smaller line here that would be suitable for learning on (again!)? Will bring a load of tools with me.
Could you send me a link to the group?

Cheers, Damian

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030301
Mobile Version of Website