Getting a cell phone, Which is a good one for biking?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Getting a cell phone, Which is a good one for biking?
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
I have a Motorola i580, its water proof, shock proof,and dust proof

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
street-panda wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
Dude I have a first generation LG Chocolate. It's not the slimmest but it is indestructible.(Biking-wise)

its really not, mines broke while biking Rolleyes
What'd you do? I always have mine in my pocket while riding and it has never had anything happen to it.
My chocolate broke once and then it erased itself. So right now I have a Samsung. I'm not sure which model but it's a slide phone. I haven't put it to the test yet, but it looks like it's pretty tough.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 19:26 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
MrRandom wrote:
ridedabrodie wrote:
motorola razr v3. i got one, its not the greatest but its all you need for biking. its pretty thin, and inexpensive. i beat the shit outa this phone and throw it across feilds and it still works great Razz
I can second that, I ditched with mine in my pocket the other day pretty hard right on to it on cement. Still perfectly fine tup
I agree... the Razr is pretty durable and priced well.
dude i broke a krazr rly easily
the glass on the outside breaks on everyone ive ever seen hit the ground
just anything else but that phone

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
Krzrs are super tough
if you drop it the front screen just cracks eveything else still works
i droppe it from like 15 foot bleachers nothing broke
dont get an open face touch because they crack really easy

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
a flat clam-shell type one.

FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:13 Quote
Again with the 1st gen Chocolates.The worst thing I have done to it is I jumped in a pool with it in my pocket and all it needed was a new battery.I take it riding and snowboarding and it has never gone out on me.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
do you really need to be riding around with your cell phone? Truth is no cell phone is made to take the beating and constant vibration of mtn biking. and if you ride with one it will eventually break. just get whatever phone you want and leave it at home when you go ride.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
what do you do if you break your neck or something and none of your friends has a phone?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
i have a nokia brick, absolutely indestructable. i dropped it and then it got run over by my mums volvo, its 7 years old, looks like new.

FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
lewdelaney wrote:
what do you do if you break your neck or something and none of your friends has a phone?
then you're screwed. sorry

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
Dude I have a first generation LG Chocolate. It's not the slimmest but it is indestructible.(Biking-wise)
i totally agree with you on that

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
lewdelaney wrote:
then you're screwed. sorry
yah but its not hard to take a phone. put it in your bag ?!

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
Well I've had a couple of Sony Ericsson's, a T610 (NOTHING could kill that phone, still works perfectly). However I now have a W800i and it's still going as a phone, but the camera only works when it wants and bits are missing off it, sometimes it freezes. Dust also gets in between the screen and cover and makes it hard to see.

So yeah, look into what you're getting before forking out cash.

Don't get a flip or slide phone though, it WILL break. The ribbon cables always go after a while (mainly in slide phones).

Whatever you get, look into getting a silicon case off ebay or something, takes the shock if hits rock, concrete or something.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:20 Quote
lewdelaney wrote:
same thing we did 10 years ago when nobody had cell phones, send someone for help, it is way easier to show medics where to go than call on a cell and say "ya bro I'm in the woods and my friend is hurt come find me"

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
yah but like where our jumps are up a mountain there is a fire track that ambulances can come so it is handy to have a phone

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015030
Mobile Version of Website