Kona Stinky Bearings

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Stinky Bearings
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 8:12 Quote
Wilson224 wrote:
knobzy wrote:
Wilson224 wrote:

Did you get that off the kona website. because i couldent seem to find them on it.
im going to go to my lbs and see if they will order some in for me. Im lazy so i havnt quite got round to it yet Facepalm

i got mine threw my kona dealer at my LBS!

oh btw did you replace the bearings yourself? if so how hard was it?
im trying to cut costs where possable!
sorry for all the questions!
cheers for your help.

i haven't done the bearings yet, don't need to. bike is to new. BUT its very easy ( for me at least) i've done many bearing replacements from RM7's to alines. I have the kit because i needed the main pivot bushing and they don't sell them seperate.

Posted: May 29, 2011 at 2:45 Quote
i would get the kit through your lbs. They should be able to get it from your local kona dealer or rep. It comes with all bearings, bushings, bolts and mech hanger. The problem for me was removing the main pivot bolt without smashing it to bits! Unless you have a bearing press I'd get your lbs to do it for you. Give them a hand and remove the bearings yourself if you can, if they won't budge the soak them overnight in penetrating oil. I replaced them myself and will not be doing it again without a workshop and all the tools. At least if you get your lbs to do it then they are liable if they cause any damage from doing it wrong. Hope this helps and remember to keep you bike clean and greased!

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 12:07 Quote
Anyone know what size the stinky pivot bearings are?

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 18:54 Quote
doug13 wrote:
i would get the kit through your lbs. They should be able to get it from your local kona dealer or rep. It comes with all bearings, bushings, bolts and mech hanger. The problem for me was removing the main pivot bolt without smashing it to bits! Unless you have a bearing press I'd get your lbs to do it for you. Give them a hand and remove the bearings yourself if you can, if they won't budge the soak them overnight in penetrating oil. I replaced them myself and will not be doing it again without a workshop and all the tools. At least if you get your lbs to do it then they are liable if they cause any damage from doing it wrong. Hope this helps and remember to keep you bike clean and greased!

I did mine in my 08 stinky D with no trip to the LBS. i used a socket that fit perfect with an extension and rubber mallet. Then made my own redneck bearing press with some threaded rod, bunch of washers and nuts.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014382
Mobile Version of Website