pink bike buy or sell

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
pink bike buy or sell
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 16:20 Quote
konarider6666 wrote:
does anyone know how much shipping would be from canada to usa for a 7 inch travel bike?
I would guess 150-200$. I think it would be closer to 150, but customs are a pain

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 6:40 Quote
I don't shop any more on the pinkbike buy/sell website. I purchased a saddle listed by "marvelous" as a top of the line $130 "rocket v stealth", and was sent the cheapest version of this saddle. The seller refused to admit what he sent, and would not accept a return. Instead he swore at me. Prior to the sale he verified that the saddle had ti rails, when it did not Pinkbike can't do anything to correct the problem. "marvelous" continues to list items for sale on this website.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
I have had good luck all around with the buy & sell.

Also, I think it would be a great addition if we could search by price. Having a minimum-maximum bar like Craigs List would be awesome!

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
COD is fine so long as you trust the person to pick up the item. PB has a pretty young demographic and I'm not sure that a lot of people know (or care) about how COD works. If the buyer chooses not to pick up the item within a certain period, you'll be stuck with the shipping charge, COD charge and likely another shipping charge to get the item back (that's how it used to be anyway). It only happened to me once but was super-annoying.

For the most part though, I've had great experiences with the Buy and Sell, especially with locals. I've sold four bikes and lots of components with only one bad experience (not much money was involved).

Make sure to get as many phone numbers/addresses as you can get and maintain communication. I mean no offense by this either, but if I refuse to deal with anyone under 16 unless I can talk/deal with their parents. Most people in that group are great but a many don't know the value of a dollar (or have weird morals). Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that's the group where most of the petty (not paying for parts/not picking up COD packages/not shipping items after being paid) scams come from.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 11:37 Quote
Okay, so I'm looking to buy this demo (Link here: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/655394/)and i was just wondering what it takes to get it shipped from Quebec to Orange County CA. And if there are any other precautoins I should take before setting up a deal with this guy.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 11:40 Quote
Look at how long the member has been a member,also ask for history on his sales and links to the people he has dealt with.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 11:45 Quote
Well it says he's been a member since Jan 1 2000. And he's sold another similar bike before but I think i'm gonna need some advice on shipping and payment

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 11:50 Quote
Dealing internationally leaves you with the options of either Paypal or a money order. I don't believe (at least I've never found) any shipping company will do COD shipping internationally unless you have an account with them.

Before even making an offer, I would hit up a couple shipping sites and get some quotes because international shipping can get pricy.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 12:19 Quote
ok, but also, If I'm buying do I have to do anything else other than put in my adress and pay for shipping?

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 12:21 Quote
Z-WAAAAAZ wrote:
ok, but also, If I'm buying do I have to do anything else other than put in my adress and pay for shipping?

Ask for recorded delivery.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 12:25 Quote
Z-WAAAAAZ wrote:
And whats that?

It costs more but the item is tracked,the sender gets a number and gives it to you and you can track its progress.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 12:27 Quote
Sweet, and thanks for all the help. Anything else I should know?

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 15:17 Quote
Just ask lots of questions and request history.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021740
Mobile Version of Website