Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
That's pretty good all together - I bet you get a ton of attention and quite a few friendly jokes flung your way.

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
Painted my remedy white, automotive paint. Only one decal under the clearcoat.
Before
After

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
I respect a guy willing to strip back a bike with a lifetime warranty and do his own thing.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
Hi guys,

I wanted to spray my DJ frame over summer but unfortunately never got round to it. Would be done with rattle cans like the dmr bolt I did last year which turned out great imo.

If I sprayed it during winter (in the UK) what do I need to ensure I do to retain a good finish?
I sprayed my previous frame outside in summer when it was a dry and no wind. I understand the temperature can greatly affect the adhesion and chemical process of the paint.

I know I'm probably best to wait until summer or spring at least but I'm impatient so would like to know if it's possible without a proper set up.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
Unless you have a heated garage, or enclosure, I'd wait until the weather warms up. If I'm using a rattle can, I like the ambient temp to be at least 73 Fahrenheit. And then I will heat a sauce pan of water just before the boiling point, and put the can in it for about 2 to 3 mins or so, when the can feels warm, the remove, shake well and begin painting. Heating the paint will help it flow much better.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006534
Mobile Version of Website