What's the Cheapest Way to Get Into DH?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's the Cheapest Way to Get Into DH?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:03 Quote
Discuss. I want to get into DH, can't afford really expensive bikes, whats the cheapest option to actually get into it?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
contaner wrote:
Discuss. I want to get into DH, can't afford really expensive bikes, whats the cheapest option to actually get into it?
rent a DH bike or whats your price range.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
should i try hardtail DH? i have a steel frame and stuff. i'll just put a front brake on my bike.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
contaner wrote:
should i try hardtail DH? i have a steel frame and stuff. i'll just put a front brake on my bike.

dont ride a hartail DH its just gonna sour you on the sport. Go out and find yourself a good used DH bike.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
contaner wrote:
like mine then yes lol... it the best pic of the whole bike check my ablum for more
photo

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
contaner wrote:

dont ride a hartail DH its just gonna sour you on the sport. Go out and find yourself a good used DH bike.
not true as you can see above ^^

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
contaner wrote:
like mine then yes lol... it the best pic of the whole bike check my ablum for more
photo

what do you mean?
my bike is strong. and it wont sour me out! i love biking! and i really wanna start DH! should i save up for my friend's ellsworth joker? he said he'll sell it to me for $800 and its in great condition.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:13 Quote
contaner wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
contaner wrote:
photo

what do you mean?
this is my bike it a hardtail triple crown that i use for DH/FR

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
contaner wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
contaner wrote:
photo

what do you mean?

You take that thing to whistler? Bromont? mount saint anne? you cant do any actual DH fast and fun with a hardtail... your arms would be numb at the bottom of the hill, and your rear wheel would look like a pretzel.... that bike is fine and dandy for for doing poppawheelies in your driveway like your pic... but in all honesty its no dh bike.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:15 Quote
check my albums. it looks bad in pics and has the old seat. i'll update l8r.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
contaner wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:

photo

what do you mean?

You take that thing to whistler? Bromont? mount saint anne? you cant do any actual DH fast and fun with a hardtail... your arms would be numb at the bottom of the hill, and your rear wheel would look like a pretzel.... that bike is fine and dandy for for doing poppawheelies in your driveway like your pic... but in all honesty its no dh bike.
i go to whistler every year and Panorama last year(had the bike foir three and a half years)

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
contaner wrote:

what do you mean?

i go to whistler every year and Panorama last year(had the bike foir three and a half years)

You cant in all honesty say that your hardtail doenst hold you back? Im sure you avoid rock gardens.... etc etc... its probably fine on nice groomed runs like aline... but for any actual DH runs your bike would send your right on your face

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:

You cant in all honesty say that your hardtail doenst hold you back? Im sure you avoid rock gardens.... etc etc... its probably fine on nice groomed runs like aline... but for any actual DH runs your bike would send your right on your face
the 15 foot drop in a-line i hit all time and snakes and ladders is fun as hell.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
he has a tripple crown, and i do rock gardens on a 2008 giant boulder so i can tell he bombs them, not avoids them.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:

the 15 foot drop in a-line i hit all time and snakes and ladders is fun as hell.
i do intermediate and black diamond stuff

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013711
Mobile Version of Website