Intense Tyre Fail..

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Intense Tyre Fail..
Mod
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 11:45 Quote
My maxxis tires actually do this all the time (rather annoying), I find it comes from riding in minus 20 degree weather - so i've ditched riding maxxis. But since your probably not riding in cold weather - it does look a lot like someone took a pen knife too them.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
wierd! i would go to teh shop where you bought it and try to talk with them about it I guess!

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
knobzy wrote:
first off.. wait at least 24 hrs before whinning and saying "ANYONE" people do have a life.

second. are you concerned about it, do u think they were like this when u baught them?? if so.. RETURN THEM! no use complaing and such if you arn't gonna do anything about it.

its bought*

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
shondo wrote:
willshiels wrote:
I have to go through Silverfish, ITS site isn't loading up for some reason.?

Seema as if they have that contact page disabled. hmmmmpf. not impressed with that.

I got a reply from Silverfish, they just want me to take them to my lbs, problem is none of my lbs use Silverfish.. I bought them online, I think that this is defenitley a case of someone cutting them. If it was a fault others would know, or have reported it, and to be uniform on both tyres & sides...

I'm just going to let this issue die, i've ordered new tyres. Thanks for you're imput guys.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 7:46 Quote
well is it cuted all the way throught???

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 7:54 Quote
The cut is only around 1mm deep. Very Strange...

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
that could happened when someone was opening box with the tires or something like that, I mean accidently...

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:09 Quote
polidh wrote:
that could happened when someone was opening box with the tires or something like that, I mean accidently...

Yeah, but they are folding tires that come in a mesh bag. The cuts are all the way round on both sides.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:10 Quote
ok I agree it is really strange Big Grin i would still use them no matter what....

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:13 Quote
polidh wrote:
ok I agree it is really strange Big Grin i would still use them no matter what....

jsem přesvědčen, že něčí jak se řekne česky "messing with my head"?

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:17 Quote
willshiels wrote:
Anyone??
Have you by chance rode out in the snow or freezing cold? Same thing happened to my Maxxis tires. Ever since i change to Intense i havent had that problem..

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:21 Quote
SSdomination wrote:
willshiels wrote:
Anyone??
Have you by chance rode out in the snow or freezing cold? Same thing happened to my Maxxis tires. Ever since i change to Intense i havent had that problem..

Yeah, I've been out in light snow frozen conditions but not for very long. Three hour sessions about 3 times max.. My mate has been running DH FRO Lites and he has been riding with me and not had this problem.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
willshiels wrote:
SSdomination wrote:
willshiels wrote:
Anyone??

Yeah, I've been out in light snow frozen conditions but not for very long. Three hour sessions about 3 times max.. My mate has been running DH FRO Lites and he has been riding with me and not had this problem.

Ok well the DH Fro tires at 4ply and will never crack on you what so ever... Mostly with any tire that is 2ply or less will crack when rode in freezing conditions. Just find some really thick sidewall tires for the winter riding!

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:35 Quote
willshiels wrote:
polidh wrote:

nevim co jsi tim chtěl říct ! will you still ride them or you will throw them out?

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
polidh wrote:
willshiels wrote:
polidh wrote:

nevim co jsi tim chtěl říct ! will you still ride them or you will throw them out?

Diky. I don't think I will ride them, i'm putting on 2.5 Fro Lites when they arrive tomorrow.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011794
Mobile Version of Website