Intense Tyre Fail..

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Intense Tyre Fail..
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 8:40 Quote
Ok guys, here is a couple of pic's of my new Intense DH FRO Lites. I fitted these a few nights ago and have only used them today for the first time, 2 -3hrs riding max. I'm confused, my LBS is confused and I have not turned into a regular buffet enthusiast either.. So i'm back to the start of my reasoning...
photo

photo

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
willshiels wrote:
Ok guys, here is a couple of pic's of my new Intense DH FRO Lites. I fitted these a few nights ago and have only used them today for the first time, 2 -3hrs riding max. I'm confused, my LBS is confused and I have not turned into a regular buffet enthusiast either.. So i'm back to the start of my reasoning...
Is there something sticking out of your frame or something?.....I've never seen that before I'm stumped.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
willshiels wrote:
Is there something sticking out of your frame or something?.....I've never seen that before I'm stumped.
My bike is as sleek as sleek gets, it's on both tyres both sides. And this is now my second set..

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
willshiels wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
willshiels wrote:
My bike is as sleek as sleek gets, it's on both tyres both sides. And this is now my second set..
I'd ring up intense and talk to them about it.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
willshiels wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
I'd ring up intense and talk to them about it.
I can't get a direct email/nr for ITS, I have to go through thier distributer Silverfish (which I have to no avail). ITS site is down too which doesn't help me much.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
http://www.intensebmx.com/dJbikes/contact.html

Try to use this link to contact them (from the bmx site). Maybe you can get referred to the people you need to talk to

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
klopp wrote:

Try to use this link to contact them (from the bmx site). Maybe you can get referred to the people you need to talk to
Cheers man, i'll give it a try.

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 at 3:11 Quote
klopp wrote:

I used this link and got a reply from Pete Dylewski (Marketing Manager), he's passed it on for me. Thanks again. Seems like i'm getting some resolve after all..

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
any update on what happened??

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 at 2:30 Quote
They just ignored me, I got a email from a guy at Intense BMX saying he'd forward it to the right dept, no news, I tried contaacting them again, no reply.. Silverfish, Chain Reaction Cycles, Intense Tyre Sytems all just ignored the issue and bump me off if I contact them regarding the issue..

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 at 8:28 Quote
The New ITS Edge prototype is INSANELY AWESOME!!!!

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 8:24 Quote
willshiels wrote:
They just ignored me, I got a email from a guy at Intense BMX saying he'd forward it to the right dept, no news, I tried contaacting them again, no reply.. Silverfish, Chain Reaction Cycles, Intense Tyre Sytems all just ignored the issue and bump me off if I contact them regarding the issue..

I have exactly the same marks on my Invader fro lite.... but still not opened... hope that will be ok
just mounted them on my bike yesterday and I have noted that I can enter in the first half of millimeter with my fingernail... I'm scared.

by the way, anybody tried the Zero FRO lite?
http://www.intensetires.com/itdh-zr-240.html

I would try them but I'm a bit afraid they will horrible in braking sections...
and what about cornering?

as I never been a fortunate DH racer I don't plan to change my rear tyre everytime to adapt it on the course, so what do you think about it in wet/semi rocks wet?

thanks !

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 8:28 Quote
Ehrhard wrote:
willshiels wrote:

I have exactly the same marks on my Invader fro lite.... but still not opened... hope that will be ok
just mounted them on my bike yesterday and I have noted that I can enter in the first half of millimeter with my fingernail... I'm scared.

by the way, anybody tried the Zero FRO lite?
http://www.intensetires.com/itdh-zr-240.html

I would try them but I'm a bit afraid they will horrible in braking sections...
and what about cornering?

as I never been a fortunate DH racer I don't plan to change my rear tyre everytime to adapt it on the course, so what do you think about it in wet/semi rocks wet?

thanks !

I wouldn't worry about the marks on the sidewalls. I ran those tires for months with no issues at all. The Zero is for dry dusty conditions, I would avoid at all costs.

Best all round DH tire for wet/root/rocks is the DH FRO Lite.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017199
Mobile Version of Website