How to do a NO Footer?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How to do a NO Footer?
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
superman-4 wrote:
One thing I'd like to add is that when you're in the air, you should remember to look down at your pedals when you go to put your feet back on. Sometimes the pedals will spin around a bit, so when you do the nofooter, look down, spot your pedals, and stick your feet on em!
+1 lol i forgot to say that

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
superman-4 wrote:
One thing I'd like to add is that when you're in the air, you should remember to look down at your pedals when you go to put your feet back on. Sometimes the pedals will spin around a bit, so when you do the nofooter, look down, spot your pedals, and stick your feet on em!

It also helps to lift your feet up and then out away from the pedals instead of just out immediately.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
superman-4 wrote:

It also helps to lift your feet up and then out away from the pedals instead of just out immediately.
no it dousnt it just encourages you to lift your fet up instead of outwards
slide your feet off the pedals thats the best way

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
superman-4 wrote:

I respectfully disagree. The reason for lifting your feet up and then out is so your cranks don't spin as easily while doing the trick. Also, when you are using some really grippy flats and good shoes your feet will not want to slide out at all. I'm not talking about bringing your knees to your chest, just a slight bit up and out in one motion.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:15 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:

I respectfully disagree. The reason for lifting your feet up and then out is so your cranks don't spin as easily while doing the trick. Also, when you are using some really grippy flats and good shoes your feet will not want to slide out at all. I'm not talking about bringing your knees to your chest, just a slight bit up and out in one motion.

i disagre again because if you lift your feet unevenly that will spin your cranks and even with gripy pedals and shoes you can still slide your feet off your pedals.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
CharlieS43 wrote:
The way i learned, is just ride along, dont do a bunnyhop but sort of jump off your bike, kick your legs out and then put them back on the pedals. Start as small as you want, and practice getting the feel of this. Then move onto a really small jump, and when your stable in the air, take both feet off, even if its very small, and youl want to take them off more- and then hit bigger jumps and get your legs fully extended.
Its also alot to do with having the confidence, the only thing that could happen really is pedals hit your shins, but if you have leg pads then thats not a problem.
Just think..... Right, this jump im going to take my feet off...

Well thats what i thought anyway

That's a very good way of learning them. It allows you to get use to taking your feet off at the exact same time, which makes it butter when you try one off of a jump.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:20 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:

i disagre again because if you lift your feet unevenly that will spin your cranks and even with gripy pedals and shoes you can still slide your feet off your pedals.
Try 5 ten shoes with grippy pedals and you'll see that you can't just slide them out without lifting your feet up a little bit too(we're talking about a fraction of an inch). I've been there and done that, I know what works.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
thanks, which jump is better to try it on first? plz look on my prophile, in my favourites there is a drop(made from a pallet) and a table top, which one to start on?
thanks, ren

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:22 Quote
marinrockyridge wrote:
thanks, which jump is better to try it on first? plz look on my prophile, in my favourites there is a drop(made from a pallet) and a table top, which one to start on?
thanks, ren
tables are th best to learn on

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
to reduce the chance of your pedals moving try, when you leave the jump pull your brake, this will stop them moving in one direction so useally will hold there postion better, good luck

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:29 Quote
JJNicholls wrote:
to reduce the chance of your pedals moving try, when you leave the jump pull your brake, this will stop them moving in one direction so useally will hold there postion better, good luck

arghhhhhhh no dont do that its such a bad idea Facepalm

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
ryt how i learnt proply is by jst rollin then jumping up doing them after few times and learnt to land proply go ofer ur jump and do it m8 but easy trick lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012028
Mobile Version of Website