The winterberg thread......

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The winterberg thread......
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
im heading down to winterberg in a week... i will be there the 28-29 Big Grin anyone else going?

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
spqrtomas wrote:
EvilSwede wrote:
Me and my brothers are going there this summer, for the first time!
I´m sure this will be a great vacation...Big Grin

But do they have any rules about protection? Of course a helmet, but what about other types of bodyarmour?
as i remember there's no special rules... anyway riding without helmet it's just stupid Wink
yes you only need a helmet! On some tracks you need bodyarmour, but they don´t care about that!

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
hi there im trying to plan a trip to winterberg for next year to race in the scott 4x challenge at the dirtmasters festival, at the moment im trying to work out rough costs for the whole trip, has anyone on here raced in the event before? if so how much is the race entry fee? and is it an invitational event or can anyone race? one more question do you need a race licence to enter? I have a british cycling race licence but im not sure if it will count for anything abroad. any words of wisdom will be a big help thanks!

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
for the amateur-class you don´t need a license. Only for the pro-class you need it. You need more information? Write an e-mail: Info@dirtmasters-festival.de

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
Bikepark Winterberg is ranked as the nr.1 bikepark in the top 10 off best bikeparks in Germany and Austria.I love Winterberg it's the most versatile bikerpark i know it has everything a biker needs,love the DH track 1 off my favorite DH tracks i knowSmile

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
went to Winterberg for the first time this season, highly rated, and very easy to travel to from European locations (we went from London with Air Berlin)

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
Any advice for people wanting to go for the first time? I was going to head for Leogang but Winterberg looks a bit better. Good cheap places to stay etc. Also, I don't speak a word of German! Confused

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
luckly the guys in the bikestation speak english if you don't whanna speak german and my german isn't good also so that's good.

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
Any advice for people wanting to go for the first time? I was going to head for Leogang but Winterberg looks a bit better. Good cheap places to stay etc. Also, I don't speak a word of German

we flew from London Stanstead with Air Berlin, booked our bikes onto the flight for a small extra cost, and then we took a local taxi-van with our bike bags to Winterberg (about 100-110 Euros each way), and stayed in "Hotel Schneider" who provided secure bike storage in their garage, very affordable accommodation and good rooms / breakfast, the manageress of the hotel spoke reasonable english

it was about a 10 minute, easy ride to the bike park, and we had no problems buying bike park passes, everyone spoke good english

next time, we would take a basic phrasebook or one of those electronic language assistants (like a calculator) to help with ordering food in Winterberg town itself, as the German language is very different to English or French which meant apart from obvious choices like burgers, hotdogs, pizza or fries; it was hard to understand what to order

as an example, I asked for "water" and a beer arrive, should have said "mineral wasser"

if you cannot speak much of a language apart from "Danke" it makes you feel a bit dumb Confused

it was easy to use supermarkets though as you just grab whatever you need

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
Nice one, sounds good. I just had visions of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere because we didn't speak any German lol. Seems pretty streight forward though. Hopefully i'll be over there before the end of the summer, the riding looks off the scale! Makes chicksands and glentress look like a nursery playground Razz

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you go for and how much did it set you back? Im not on a really tight budget but if I can keep it under about 6 or 700 quid then all the better. Hoping to stay for maybe 4 or 5 days...

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
it was just over GBP £500 for 3 nights which meant 3.5 days of riding

I'd recommend it for 3-4 days, unless you can drive and access other bike parks or local riding spots

having said that, if you are seriously into dirt jumping and slopestyle, the Slopestyle park would keep you busy for 2 days at least, learning all the stunts and getting your lines dialled

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
mostly i ride there for 1 or 2 weeks to get used to i always buy 7 days pass witch is pretty expensive but it's worth it.Did you went to the American Road/steakhouse down the highway to the city off winterberg 400m from the bikepark,best food after a day's biking

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 5:24 Quote
Sweet. I was also ment to ask how much a pass is, I can't find any prices on their website. How much is a day pass, or can you get like a 3 or 4 day one?

I'v also heared about a camp site that is very near the park. I thought it would be cheaper than getting a hotel and stuff. Again, any ideas on prices?

Cheers guys

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 7:24 Quote
simi105 wrote:
Sweet. I was also ment to ask how much a pass is, I can't find any prices on their website. How much is a day pass, or can you get like a 3 or 4 day one?

I'v also heared about a camp site that is very near the park. I thought it would be cheaper than getting a hotel and stuff. Again, any ideas on prices?

Cheers guys

a day pass cost 24.50 euro

2 days: 45 euro
3 days: 65 euro
4 days: 82 euro
5 days: 98 euro
6 days: 112 euro
7 days: 123 euro

Note: for every pass you buy that will cost a extra 5 euro,don't worry when you return the pass at the end off the day in the bikestation you get the 5 euros back.

The camping next to the bikepark is awesome highly recommended if you stay a weekend or more.Prices aren't expensive and very good.It cost per nigth arround 5 euro for 1 person.You need to buy coins to that cost arround 2 euro per coin,you get a key don't lose that key because when you lost it it will cost you 30 euro on the day you check out also i whanna tell you No biking on the camping(because there where a few accidents with childeren when people bike).

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 7:24 Quote
Hey!
Is anyone riding in winterberg right now?

My brothers are there and having fun (bastards), I couldn´t come...
So if you see a couple of slowriding guys who speak swedish ( sounds like "uskibuskifjorsky" kinda) on Konas then feel free to comment their ridings skills anyway you choose...Oh, and tell them their brother says hi...

Peace out!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021413
Mobile Version of Website