thoughts on nissan skyline

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
thoughts on nissan skyline
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 13:55 Quote
I haven't driven one, and even though I want a 1990 JDM car more than almost anything... I bought a 2001 Accord last year instead of my pimp GT-R Skyline dream car. So a grain of salt.

I'd just suggest that if you're younger, maybe can't find $2k to fix something if it goes wrong... at least consider a car that was sold here. I'd consider one of the 3rd Gen Supras, an MR2 Turbo, a Silvia before the Skyline. The 300ZX, Mitsu GTO and 3rd gen RX-7 were sold here, but neither has a stellar service history. A lot of cheap LHD BMW's and Benzes are coming from Japan too, you might wanna consider one.

Driving a car is a lot more fun that staring at a broken car on your driveway. Big Grin

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 19:58 Quote
if your sinking 10 grand into this buy a winter beater for 1000 or less, defnitly worth the extra little bit of cash not to have to drive that car in the canadian winters.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 11:15 Quote
icypenguin wrote:
I would actually suggest getting a Celica All-Trac Turbo ('90 - '93).

Rare, sexy cars - 235 HP stock. Way more reliable than a 300ZX or Skyline I'd say.

You really cant compare a Celica to a 300ZX or a Skyline though. My buddy has a 90 Celica and we've taken a test drive in a couple 300ZX's for me and their mint cars dont like the headlites though.

Heres my budddies Celica its amazing, body kit, fenders, roofscoop all molded in, and a totally custom wing, It also has a big CELICA ingraved with blue neon flashing through, then in the back body kit has custom made ALPINE ingraves with blue neon flashing through. NOTHING else like this car out there for sure, and $7000 dropped into the trunk, nothin under the hood besides an airintake and ignition wires. Here it is.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v105/237/10/1656960010/n1656960010_7569_3881.jpgNow has a big TOYOTA across the windsheild looks pretty sweet
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v77/237/10/1656960010/n1656960010_5283_9922.jpg

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 15:46 Quote
that car screams smash my back window out

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
brad-maxwell wrote:
that car screams smash my back window out

All show no go... disappointing... He could have had a very fast car

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 15:53 Quote
mmmmmmmm torque steer.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 18:18 Quote
1, the windows are so tinted that the place wouldnt even give him a receipt, and 2, hes dropping a brand new engine in there this winter, along with new suspension, 18" chrome rims. and also 3 more dvd screens, hes also adding nitrous with a dual purge. And if you dont know what purge is its what the guy in 2 fast 2 furious has when brian is pulling up to the line threw the crowd and hes spraying that white smoke. Its just to clean the air out of the lines for a nice spray to the manifold.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 20:40 Quote
[Quote="markewich"]1, the windows are so tinted that the place wouldnt even give him a receiptQuote]

maybe it could be due to the beer
or maybe not
but what the f*ck , does that make any sence to anyone else?

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
also celicas should never have 18 inch cromes, no.
is that engine hes getting stock, if so good luck running nitrous

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 21:50 Quote
He's put in a lot of work and it's well done, but soooo not my scene.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 22:02 Quote
[Quote="brad-maxwell"]
markewich wrote:
1, the windows are so tinted that the place wouldnt even give him a receiptQuote]

maybe it could be due to the beer
or maybe not
but what the f*ck , does that make any sence to anyone else?
same thing at the shop where i got my expedition tinted, its illegal to have them so tinted the shop doesnt want a bad rep when i get busted.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 22:11 Quote
My freind Kurt actually happens to own an 88 skyline and he loves it. Iv driven in it a few times and its pretty sweet. But to be honest my good freind Mike who just bought a 1990 300zx is a bit faster and looks a little nicer.

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 11:27 Quote
brad-maxwell wrote:
also celicas should never have 18 inch cromes, no.
is that engine hes getting stock, if so good luck running nitrous

Why would he go out and buy another stock engine? Hes obviously building one with new pistons bigger cams ect.

And why shouldnt a celica have 18 inch cromes? if its the brakes your worried about, their getting replaced.

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 11:56 Quote
well alot of people i know when they swap an engine most times they swap another stock engine into it
ie
stock 4 cylinder golf engine, to a stock VR6 engine

stock 1.5 honda engine, to a stock H22

see all those engines are stock yet i know alot of people who do swaps such as those.

also 18 inch wheels on a celica is a little big for that car, i think it would look better with 17's
and what car looks good with chrome wheels? unless its like a bug or a truck, maybe old school muscle.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 12:44 Quote
The bigger the rims... they heavier it is... the slower the car goes... geez... dont you guys know anything... Thats why I be rollin on 13's Pimp

[/joke]

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015580
Mobile Version of Website