2010 F1 season

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
2010 F1 season
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 7:46 Quote
Lewis Hamilton has been DQ'd from the Australian race losing his third place position. Trulli gets his third place back.

"Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been excluded from the Australian GP classification in the wake of Thursday's hearing with the FIA.

Hamilton was involved in an incident with Jarno Trulli whereby the Brit passed Trulli under yellows when the Toyota driver went off the track. Trulli, however, came back and retook third place, claiming that a slowing Hamilton had led him to believe that he had an ailing McLaren thereby making it legal for Trulli to pass him.

The stewards, though, sided with Hamilton and McLaren in the incident, and handed Trulli a 25s penalty, which dropped him out of the points and promoted Hamilton to third.

But in light of new evidence, the FIA called the Aussie race stewards, Hamilton and Trulli to appear before motorsport's governing body in Malaysia on Thursday where it was deemed that the evidence contradicted Hamilton's statement to the race stewards.

As a result the Brit and his McLaren team have been disqualified from the Australian GP results.

A statement issued by the stewards said: "The Stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian Formula One Grand Prix, consider that driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the Stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29th March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

"Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code the driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian Grand Prix and the classification is amended accordingly."

The outcome of Thursday's hearing also sees Trulli's penalty being overturned and the Toyota driver returned to third place in the classification."

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 7:56 Quote
Mmmmkay, that's pretty gay.

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 7:59 Quote
F1 has been going downhill for the past couple of seasons IMO.

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 4:30 Quote
Damn FIA...nothing wrong wth what Hamilton did.

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 6:55 Quote
Except totally lie.

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 3:59 Quote
Well, it wasnt like it influcenced the race results Wink If the FIA had sorted itself out and seen for themselves what had happened (its like asking a footie player if he fouled the other guy - of course he's gonna say no), we wouldnt be in this situation.

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 4:00 Quote
PS Button #1 AGAIN!

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 7:30 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
Well, it wasnt like it influcenced the race results Wink If the FIA had sorted itself out and seen for themselves what had happened (its like asking a footie player if he fouled the other guy - of course he's gonna say no), we wouldnt be in this situation.
Sorry, no.
The FIA got more evidence and did that to Hamilton. Mclaren telling him to let him back by.

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
Quik5ilver wrote:
Mclaren telling him to let him back by.
So they did the right thing...and got penalised?

Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
So they did the right thing...and got penalised?
He lied the first time, that's why.

Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
Didn't know Nascar rules were brought in to F1. If anyone slides off at Malasyia they hit Canada. Shame they stopped the race. Safety, safety I know, but isn't racing inherently dangerous.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
If anyone slides off at Malasyia they hit Canada.
Dont understand...

And it was shame it was stopped, I was looking forward to some nice spins!
Anyway, more points for Brawn GP and JB!

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 7:17 Quote
Malasyia was the first of the "new era" Hermann Tilke designs. If someone slid off the track they'd hit Canada before hitting the armco/barriers.

Go Brawn, boo JB.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 10:39 Quote
Catch your drift now! Well Alsono (I seem to remember) ended near a barrier...

What's wrong with Button? He seems a nice lad, not cocky (eg Alsono) at all.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
Just never thought he was that good of a driver. He had great opportunity early in his carrier and was bettered by his team mates. It took him 113 races to get his first victory and was three years unil his next. Then there's the issue of him jumping contracts which shows a limited error.

In the "Best DH bike thread", someone stated that when Schumacher left Benetton for Ferrari, Rubens replaced hime. After several tests Rubens was amazed that Michael was able to finish a lap, let alone win races. I don't think the same could be said for Button.

Also doesn't help that we in Canada get the UK feed which is quite often filled with UK driver propaganda. Of which I do realize that, that would happen, I'd only assume if we had our own when Jaques was driving it would have been the same. It just gets to a point when James Allen, Martin Brundle, the new BBC guy and even, dare I say, Murray Walker just needed to stop.

We'll see how long it takes for other teams to use the twin diffusor and then we'll get a better idea.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023011
Mobile Version of Website