Do Freeride Hardtails Have a Place?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Do Freeride Hardtails Have a Place?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
I'm just wondering is there any point in a FR hardtail? I've got full sus bike and an XC bike but was thinking it would be fun to have something in the middle. What are your thoughts on this?

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 at 21:29 Quote
i really enjoy them, having the power to pedal, knowing its there, kickin out your backend whenver you want. it's just nice after a couch to somthing a little different :p

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 at 21:30 Quote
bikerboyac wrote:
I'm just wondering is there any point in a FR hardtail? I've got full sus bike and an XC bike but was thinking it would be fun to have something in the middle. What are your thoughts on this?

theyre pretty sick, i had my rival with my 66 on it for a little bit i loved it still responsive and maneuverable like a hardtail is but with 190m in the front so soak up the big bumps. if only my frame was made to take the forkFrown

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 at 21:38 Quote
im only 16 and cant afford a real full sus bike until i get a job so i have a SS GT and a cannondale chase and i jump and trail ride with them both and love it. its kinda nice having them so light and being able to feel what your riding on. give you a little more control.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
hells yes, they have a place!
but really we all just love mountain biking right?
who care what you ride, if you show up and bring the stoke!
i liked my free-ride hard-tail alot.
it taught me everything i know about mtb, it gave me the best rides of my life, for a minute.
i had a rocky mt. flow with a fox 36 talas, and it was the shizzle on stick. could manual for hours....
i could go to work on it in the morn, straight to the shop afterwards, jump on a shuttle, hit the dj's on the way home after riding the dh, and hang with the weight weenie xc guys in the bar.
i got the ladies at the dh race, and had coffee with the commuter girls, and drank beer with the xc bitches that never took their lycra off.
life was just rad all the time when i rode a free-ride hard tail!
sometime i wish i could go back, but you never really can....
enjoy it while you got it!

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
Definitely they have a place. Spend some time on a fully, and you will start to feel like you own the hill. Switch back to a hardtail and see how you feel then. Very little room for error. Forces you to pick lines quickly and accurately. Forces you to use your body to move the bike around. Very, very fun. Once you can hit all the gods on the HT, then go back to the fully and see how far you have progressed.

Suspension can be like cheating. Ar hardtail keeps you honest. Really, if used right a fully can allow for things that you could not do otherwise. Used incorrectly and it can allow for things you should not do in the first place.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
rigidhack wrote:
Definitely they have a place. Spend some time on a fully, and you will start to feel like you own the hill. Switch back to a hardtail and see how you feel then. Very little room for error. Forces you to pick lines quickly and accurately. Forces you to use your body to move the bike around. Very, very fun. Once you can hit all the gods on the HT, then go back to the fully and see how far you have progressed.

Suspension can be like cheating. Ar hardtail keeps you honest. Really, if used right a fully can allow for things that you could not do otherwise. Used incorrectly and it can allow for things you should not do in the first place.
exactly what i was trying to say.
kind of.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008567
Mobile Version of Website