PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox Dhx 4.0 Problems
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 6:01 Quote
this is why the vivid rules Razz

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 6:15 Quote
dg85 wrote:

If I got some more money that thing would be on my bike already. Atleast I just got an e-mail answer that I got a job at the main shimano dealer in germany...Awwww yeah... off on EVERYTHING WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

mood is getting better...

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
Bayonetwork wrote:
dg85 wrote:

If I got some more money that thing would be on my bike already. Atleast I just got an e-mail answer that I got a job at the main shimano dealer in germany...Awwww yeah... off on EVERYTHING WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

never usually a good idea to give out how much we are getting over charged.

some people might get pissed at the fact,including me who had to pay a fifth more.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
marquis wrote:
Bayonetwork wrote:
dg85 wrote:

some people might get pissed at the fact,including me who had to pay a fifth more.

I hope you did this on purpose Rolleyes ...well you clearly did because it is innaccurate.

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 4:04 Quote
ciszewski wrote:
marquis wrote:
Bayonetwork wrote:

I hope you did this on purpose Rolleyes ...well you clearly did because it is innaccurate.

i edited how much he was saving,im also very correct my original quote for saint parts was £400 due to the price increase i paid £500.

telling everyone on the internet how much people is saving is unfair,but at the same token maybe i should of left it in,then when people go into shops they can argue with shop owners on how much profit they are making and ask for huge discounts.

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 6:45 Quote
marquis wrote:
ciszewski wrote:
marquis wrote:

i edited how much he was saving,im also very correct my original quote for saint parts was £400 due to the price increase i paid £500.

telling everyone on the internet how much people is saving is unfair,but at the same token maybe i should of left it in,then when people go into shops they can argue with shop owners on how much profit they are making and ask for huge discounts.

oo marquis is wrong Razz you're paying a quater more not a fifth Razz

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 10:01 Quote
try tightening the spring,it happened to me before,the spring is probably just loose when u lift it up

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
jackariusjones wrote:
Quote]

or crap maths aint my strong subject.

but even so its still a lot.lol

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
marquis wrote:
jackariusjones wrote:
Quote]

or crap maths aint my strong subject.

but even so its still a lot.lol

yeah ill agree with you on that one, should'nt have to pay an extra £100 for no apparent reason, when there pricey enough as it is :\

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 6:02 Quote
marquis wrote:
ciszewski wrote:
marquis wrote:

I'm sorry, I work for a Shimano distributor, that"s the right word (I'm german). So I grab the parts when they arrive from Japan or wherever...The fact that there is no Bike shop in between and no shipping involved I save money. I don't actually get a discount, I just get the chance to grab it before oher people make money with it..

I didn't mean to be unfair...

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
Bayonetwork wrote:
Hey Everybody,

I just got my DHX 4.0 (Coil of course) Back from full service. After I installed it again I noticed a metallic clicking noise when I pushed down my rear suspension. And when I lift my rear wheel and drop it, the clicking sound is even louder. It sounds a little like some bolt would be loose but I checked them all and they're tight.

What the f...I just paid 130 Euros for service so I don't know what's going on. Does Anybody have Experience with this?
I have the exact same problem. I find it really annoying but my bike shop have told me it is the spring moving in the spring retainer and it is nothing to worry about but riding downhill i ridiculous, it sonds like a xylophone. I am going to find out whether another make of spring retaienr will fit my shock but hold the spring better to stop this clinking.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 14:05 Quote
rosslikesbikes wrote:
Bayonetwork wrote:
Hey Everybody,

I just got my DHX 4.0 (Coil of course) Back from full service. After I installed it again I noticed a metallic clicking noise when I pushed down my rear suspension. And when I lift my rear wheel and drop it, the clicking sound is even louder. It sounds a little like some bolt would be loose but I checked them all and they're tight.

What the f...I just paid 130 Euros for service so I don't know what's going on. Does Anybody have Experience with this?
I have the exact same problem. I find it really annoying but my bike shop have told me it is the spring moving in the spring retainer and it is nothing to worry about but riding downhill i ridiculous, it sonds like a xylophone. I am going to find out whether another make of spring retaienr will fit my shock but hold the spring better to stop this clinking.

Have you preloaded the spring.?

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 13:14 Quote
marquis wrote:
rosslikesbikes wrote:
Bayonetwork wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Yeah, i have installed the spring exactly as the manual says with one turn of preload. I can feel a fair amount of play from the spring in the spring retainer but i'm not sure what to think, i was told this was normal for a fox shock and then the same guy told me there should be no movement and that my idea of using a different brand of spring retainer would only make more play. What else could i try as i'm getting pretty desperate to sort this, i'm going to sell my shock if i can't get it sorted.

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 13:16 Quote
rosslikesbikes wrote:
marquis wrote:
rosslikesbikes wrote:

Yeah, i have installed the spring exactly as the manual says with one turn of preload. I can feel a fair amount of play from the spring in the spring retainer but i'm not sure what to think, i was told this was normal for a fox shock and then the same guy told me there should be no movement and that my idea of using a different brand of spring retainer would only make more play. What else could i try as i'm getting pretty desperate to sort this, i'm going to sell my shock if i can't get it sorted.

Try another turn of preload,some springs just bow wrong under compression.

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 11:27 Quote
marquis wrote:
rosslikesbikes wrote:
marquis wrote:

Try another turn of preload,some springs just bow wrong under compression.

Ok, i'll give it a go, thanks.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014591
Mobile Version of Website