Yeti 575

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 0:49 Quote
Not ure about the domain on a 575, its a 180 fork isn't it? I had the totem on an asx and that was great.

Only ever heard of one where the carbon and alloy seperated, not heard of other probs.

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 9:31 Quote
good to see an updated pic! How's that minion for trails? doesn't it roll slow?

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
erm yes to be honest. I have used a 60a 235 single ply minion on the back and a super tacky on the front for ages... and yes they roll a bit slow, but with the harder compound on the baack pedalling isn't to bad and the sticky on the front is well a minion, great! lots of roots and rocks here and mud so the front grip is great for here. But I am thinking of trying the ignitors? cos they are reoportedly faster and still grippy?

T

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 12:04 Quote
yeah, that's what i thought. I like the 575 how it feels like a fast and agile bike. but i guess it depends on your riding needs. hehehe

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
goatster wrote:
Not ure about the domain on a 575, its a 180 fork isn't it? I had the totem on an asx and that was great.

Only ever heard of one where the carbon and alloy seperated, not heard of other probs.

domain 318 can be adjusted to 160mm, not 180. 180 would be way to intense for XC

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 22:28 Quote
yes but ten you may as well use a lyric and save a load of weight.

T

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
thehustler wrote:
ummm... i'm probably gonna try something different from fox as I had bad luck with 2 fox forks last year. fox 40 and the talas 32 not very happy with them. Sold them both in the end.

may i ask why?

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
goatster wrote:

T
i think the lyric is way more money though.

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 4:33 Quote
cchowe03 wrote:
goatster wrote:

T
i think the lyric is way more money though.
the 09 lyrics are about 900

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 6:56 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
thehustler wrote:
ummm... i'm probably gonna try something different from fox as I had bad luck with 2 fox forks last year. fox 40 and the talas 32 not very happy with them. Sold them both in the end.

may i ask why?

The talas 32 was a pretty bad fork for me. It was probably the worst fork I've ever had. Setting the sag 20% , the fork was pretty harsh impossible to use the last inch or two of the fork. To make it plush, I would need to set it at 50% sag. That makes the fork low and dives too much. The talas also took some significant time to switch travel from 100 to 140.

The 40's , I liked the damping when it was new or working. The fork's performance degraded every 5 or so runs. And I could feel it too. So much that it felt like I had a different bike from my practice runs compared to my race run. Main reason I sold it. Its only probably good if you have a mechanic pit at your disposal. If you don't, don't bother getting this fork coz if you wanna use its good potential you will need to overhaul the fork alot. I'm also going to whistler this summer, and I would never ever bring this kind of fork over there just because probably after 1 or 2 days of riding, it would need a overhaul. It's so not reliable.

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 8:02 Quote
If you have the money, get a Lyric.

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
thehustler wrote:
joexspocent92 wrote:
thehustler wrote:

may i ask why?

The talas 32 was a pretty bad fork for me. It was probably the worst fork I've ever had. Setting the sag 20% , the fork was pretty harsh impossible to use the last inch or two of the fork. To make it plush, I would need to set it at 50% sag. That makes the fork low and dives too much. The talas also took some significant time to switch travel from 100 to 140.

The 40's , I liked the damping when it was new or working. The fork's performance degraded every 5 or so runs. And I could feel it too. So much that it felt like I had a different bike from my practice runs compared to my race run. Main reason I sold it. Its only probably good if you have a mechanic pit at your disposal. If you don't, don't bother getting this fork coz if you wanna use its good potential you will need to overhaul the fork alot. I'm also going to whistler this summer, and I would never ever bring this kind of fork over there just because probably after 1 or 2 days of riding, it would need a overhaul. It's so not reliable.

oh yeah. fox needs a lot of maintaining. thats why i like marzocchi. you go for a while without needing an oil change. the all mountain 3 on my hardtail feels like the 32 talas you had for some reason. it was really stiff in the beginning and even more towards the end. i feel you hahaha. idk bout the 40 though. but for sure fox needs attention. my friend has a 36 van rc2 and he never serviced it for a while. every time he compresses it, dirt comes out haha

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
my dad was using the stock 32 vanilla on his until today we ordered him a rockshox revelation that from blueskycycling.com right now is only 350 normal its almost 600 so its a great deal. they seem like they will fix the 575 perfect

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 22:38 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
my dad was using the stock 32 vanilla on his until today we ordered him a rockshox revelation that from blueskycycling.com right now is only 350 normal its almost 600 so its a great deal. they seem like they will fix the 575 perfect

is he gonna sell his old one? ill buy it if you are!

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 22:44 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:

is he gonna sell his old one? ill buy it if you are!
haha no the only reason he did it was so i could have his lol

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019455
Mobile Version of Website