socom v supreme

PB Forum :: Downhill
socom v supreme
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
Alright heres the deal, I am looking for a new DH race bike (i am riding an 08 scott gambler dh its to freeride for me), i am a class B looking to step up to A this year. I have been looking at the socom or the supreme dh. Now i have been reading posts looking for what other people said. So far people are very good at saying things like "my friend rides" and "i think" or "from the pics". These statements dont mean anything. I am a mechanical engineer lets get some numbers and facts here. I do work at a shop and have ridden a socom but not on the dh tracks. Does any one have some good facts that might help me out or is every one an expert after one test ride and a look at the pic and a quick geometry search.

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 11:06 Quote
I am going to say this, i have never ridden any of these bikes, but my local shop had a race team on socoms and i have talked to them about them. They say that they feel amazing, but the older versions are really a one season bike. There is a reason it is called the Socom FRO (for racers only). After a season of hard riding/raacing, the frames developed play/slop in the linkages. This year i believe the shop team will be on V10's.

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
Hi Mate,

Ok don't have and have never ridden the supreme.

but

I do own and ride a socom.

Plusses...

Its light
Its fast, but I guess they all are right!
Set up: DHX5 and 40's.

Handles excellent, flies straight, 8 inches of very plush VPP travel, 40's are allways good, but I ran it with Totems for a while and they were good to.
Corners well. Pedals well.

In all an excellent machine.

Minuses...

Its light
Allegedly they aren't so good on really rocky flat out beat the bike up bad stuff but that would be well beyond what I can throw at it.

I would chose it over the supreme, but what do I know.

T

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
i think i am going to go with the socom, however i have also thought about the trek 88. It seems closer to the socom, what do you all think

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008413
Mobile Version of Website