Show off your bars and stem

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Show off your bars and stem
Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
jammyford wrote:
rickayyyy wrote:
jammyford wrote:

I might have to paint the bolts same colour now and put it in the cnc engrave lego into it. Thanks for the feed back

Haha dude that would be sick. Then you’d have to make custom bar ends in the same style ;^)
Are they safe made from steel or aluminium? . If I fall and they hit me won't they be painful.

Ps I made my own bash plate too.
They whole bike cost me less than £100 or €115.
Kona shred

I’ve seen bar ends made of alu before. I think they’r meant to protect the bars anyway; not you xD

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 19:23 Quote
rickayyyy wrote:
jammyford wrote:
rickayyyy wrote:

Haha dude that would be sick. Then you’d have to make custom bar ends in the same style ;^)
Are they safe made from steel or aluminium? . If I fall and they hit me won't they be painful.

Kona shred

I’ve seen bar ends made of alu before. I think they’r meant to protect the bars anyway; not you xD

Definitely the other way around. .

Bar ends create a larger softer edge, so if you fall on one you don't remove a core sample or rip skin.. They'll still mess up your day, dont get me wrong, but you'll be less likely to need surgery. .

I have lock on grips on all my bikes, so they all have aluminum bar ends, except for my BMX and its got plastic bar ends..

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 1:05 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
rickayyyy wrote:
jammyford wrote:

Kona shred

Bar ends create a larger softer edge, so if you fall on one you don't remove a core sample or rip skin.. They'll still mess up your day, dont get me wrong, but you'll be less likely to need surgery. .

I have lock on grips on all my bikes, so they all have aluminum bar ends, except for my BMX and its got plastic bar ends..

True true, but you know, form over function and if you can have a Lego bike, you should.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 10:26 Quote

I love my Race Face 800 bars... this stem is nothing special, but gets the job done!

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
rickayyyy wrote:
jammyford wrote:

Kona shred

So I have Eastern grips with the plastic ones they come with. In your opinion are plastic safer than metal or both going to leave a bruise or two

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 11:53 Quote
jammyford wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:
rickayyyy wrote:

So I have Eastern grips with the plastic ones they come with. In your opinion are plastic safer than metal or both going to leave a bruise or two

If you take a bar end hard enough you're getting hurt regardless, its HOW bad you get hurt..
Plastics seem to usually have more rounded edges than aluminum...

Ive personally never caught a bAR end (knock on wood) but ive seen some pretty bad shit.. Kid I used to ride with took a bar to the scrode and nearly spilled his beans... 15 stitches I think..
Another fell to flat, from a 4' mini and basically pogoed off his bar, right next to his junk.. he should have had a hole in him the way he landed, but he didn't even have a cut, the bruising was extensive from what I understand, half his nutsack turned black by his description. .lol

Both had bar ends, both similar situations, different outcomes..

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 13:07 Quote
I think it’s like what Aaron said, it’s luck enit! There’s rounded metal bar ends too

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 20:47 Quote
matthelm1 wrote:

I love my Race Face 800 bars... this stem is nothing special, but gets the job done!
i thought they only made the atlas bars in 785mm variants?

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 13:27 Quote
https://youtu.be/QK8WXlusk3c
A video of my work shop of how I made my stem

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 13:28 Quote
rickayyyy wrote:
I think it’s like what Aaron said, it’s luck enit! There’s rounded metal bar ends too

A video of the work shop I've made my parts https://youtu.be/QK8WXlusk3c

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 13:29 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
jammyford wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:

If you take a bar end hard enough you're getting hurt regardless, its HOW bad you get hurt..
Plastics seem to usually have more rounded edges than aluminum...

Ive personally never caught a bAR end (knock on wood) but ive seen some pretty bad shit.. Kid I used to ride with took a bar to the scrode and nearly spilled his beans... 15 stitches I think..
Another fell to flat, from a 4' mini and basically pogoed off his bar, right next to his junk.. he should have had a hole in him the way he landed, but he didn't even have a cut, the bruising was extensive from what I understand, half his nutsack turned black by his description. .lol

Both had bar ends, both similar situations, different outcomes..

https://youtu.be/QK8WXlusk3c
A video of my work shop where I made my stem

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 0:55 Quote
Hope AM 50mm stem with Hope Carbon bars.

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 11:06 Quote
niconj wrote:
Hope AM 50mm stem with Hope Carbon bars.

photo

Wow! Super clean!

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 13:02 Quote
smike wrote:
Wow! Super clean!

Thanks. I tend to have some kind of perfectionism when it comes to bike building. My YT Dirt Love has not even left the bike box and I had some new parts for it already. I have a lot of extra things coming for that bike as well and will post another bar-stem combo picture as soon as everything has been delivered. Big Grin

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 22:30 Quote
NS District bars and Salt+ stem....

Life Behind Bars

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012035
Mobile Version of Website