what do you think of my new giant reign xo set up to desend only

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
what do you think of my new giant reign xo set up to desend only
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 13:16 Quote
what do you think of my new giant reign xo set up to desend only as this is the only way to ride. I chose this bike because with this fork it has a ferly slack head angel of aroun 66 degreas and a mid 13" bb hight which is perfect for going fast. It is stock except for 66RC2X's up front dhx 5.0 coil out back 8" front rotor 7" rear rotor 690mm low rise whit syncros bars 30mm 0 rise stem bontrager 165mm king earl cranks king earl pedals( these are the best peadels ever) e 13 SRS odi ruffin grips and i am waiting for some new maxxis minion front and rear tyres. Also i am interested in peoples opinions in a new rear rim and hub as i do not think that the xc ream that is on it will last long i want one that is fearly strony but wide as well to prevent pinch flats.
photo

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 13:20 Quote
ive been waiting for a nice reign built to descend and this one fits the bill SWEET Beer

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 13:22 Quote
whats up with the huge freewheel protector?
and the flat tire

over all though one sick looking bikeBeer

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 15:21 Quote
take that black plastic thing off from behind your cassette.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 3:56 Quote
thinking of geting one but i need it to take some hits will it be alright?

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 4:03 Quote
Nice bike! What kind of seat is that?

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 2:51 Quote
DuskBiker wrote:
thinking of geting one but i need it to take some hits will it be alright?

i used to run i big hit 3 2006 model which i was going to keep but once i had this for a while i decided to get rid of it us the reign is heaps better more fun and it loves everything i dish at it and i frequantly come up short on jumps go through some of the most savage rock gardens and the odd drop to flat. But after saying that i am 60 kg dripping wet and the bike is a bit different now. I will post a new pictuer asap.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 8:07 Quote
Thanks helps a lot

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
nice, how much does it weigh? reign x sounds like a great frame to build off a lightweight freeride bike

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
The specs look great. Its a fine looking bike for sure.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
Very nice bike, dream build!
Im guessing that it feels like a light mini Glory FR, because that would feel pretty amazing!
Ride it like you stole it!

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 2:29 Quote
nah a bit more like a glory dh as the geo is closer to the dh than the fr model glory lower bb. I love it best fun bike i have ever riden
adrenalinejunkie11 wrote:
Very nice bike, dream build!
Im guessing that it feels like a light mini Glory FR, because that would feel pretty amazing!
Ride it like you stole it!

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 2:36 Quote
for rims with no pinch flat (bad english :L) i advise either dt swiss 6,1 or 5.1, the 6.1 is stronger but heavier

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 2:50 Quote
if u go 4 the 6.1 make sure it second gen

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014820
Mobile Version of Website