Sherwood Pines Group

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Sherwood Pines Group
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
Hi! Well this all started with a talk to Fish while he was build his northshore there and iv been informed that theres no groups of people who actualy occasionaly go and fix the trails or talk to the forestry commission about improvements so this group is basically to get a few people together and try and make sherwood a better place! This isn't a propaganda or owt just somewhere for people to discuss and try and make sherwood pines better!

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
I go to pines occasionally (once every month or so) and I reckon it's got a lot of potential that isnt really used. eg, the gap between beginner and intermediate jump sets is huge, and I dont think the jumps are built very well. I reckon that with some work pines would be a great ride. Fish's shore looks great, but it seems he has been held back by over zealous legislation.

Good luck with it Smile

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
If the FC would let us, we could make pines into a good freeride area, the ground is to flat for true DH, so there no point attempting it.

What Fish has done up to yet is grate, and built really well.
But we should carry on the work for pines and use aware own resources to speed things up or it will take years to get any ware...

There use to be a ladder drop off that use to be really good, must of been 7 foot drop at least, but the FC taken it down saying "it was unsafe"... well we need to talk to the FC and see the guidelines that would make it safe, and get that drop off back up and keep it up.

IMO what we need to do first is to get a group together, meet up in person and talk to a member of the FC staff that can make things happen.
FC could really benefit from this as well as us, with us making some of the trails, drop offs and jumps ect, they could save them self a lot of money.

But, I have no idea where to even start getting hold of the FC staff... any ideas?

[FC = forestry commission]

Salute Salute Salute

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
yeahhh there is some amazing opurtunties for a sick freeride maybe slopestyle spot i think that there should just be a few people in the know giving out guidelines for some stuff and im 10000% sure there will be loads of volunteers i could bring 20 people who would be willing to dig for there local spot, but for me pines has got allll the xc that it could ever need soo.. a dual track or 4x track some more flowy and creative jumps and not just straight sets should be build and then some freeride stuff just like the ever growing on me north shore that has become a goood un in my mind Big Grin i think someone needs to take charge that isnt the forestry commision

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
The "SPG" sounds great Smile pretty good guys you've taken the first big step in the right direction,next up....for f*cks sake keep it real to start off, its good to have vision, but unfortunatly with the exception of a couple of rangers the fc does not Confused also they will need evidence of the groups aims, plans, future etc etc blah so it will have to be a bit more than just a chat group, it sounds like a lot of hassle but it ain't really, i'll try and help and get things networked with the powers that be etc Jailbreak

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
yeahh does anyone know if there ae meetings that can be held or would we have to do with a good old bit of pen and paper or an email to get through to them personally i think that theyre should be certain rules to keep it all safe such as having a helmet and safety signs on trails and anywhere were danger can be but let riders run t there own risk

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 14:40 Quote
well what we should all do is have a meet up one day/evening and try and get some people from the FC and then show them what we've got so far and show them some ideas that we have and then we could do a bit of improving on our own to show what were capable off?

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
yeahh i think we shud arange a meet tbh im up for anyday this holiday so ... Big Grin

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
radatabs add me to msn, PM sent

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
i say tuesday or wednesday cos fish is down that day so if he wants any help we can!

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 8:33 Quote
this a bit late, i forgot to thank everyone who helped on wednesday, cheers,it all helps to get you more stuff etc Pimp

ok i shall be on site again on wednesday and thursday. i should have a jcb to help for a while, here's what i propose...a small pier 10ft after the second wall droppin you into the other trail and then much further down where the table top with the two exits is, i shall clear thro to the left and build a couple of pier drops into the sand pit Big Grin , i also asked if i could build a bit of a small crankworkz style booter/hip thingy,FC were kinda ok with this,so long as i make it safeJoker
so wednesday is an important day in terms of hearing your input so i can come prepared the following day etc etc etc blah blah

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 8:36 Quote
i would love a dual slalom course or something up there.

id would deffo be up for building new stuff up thereBeer

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
lets bring the lads then Big Grin jack 90, johnny 121 few others i imahine and possibly aiken and myself if im healed Big Grin i am actuallly really impressed with your work fish when i first saw the starting ramp i was a bit cautious of why we would need it but it makes everything a little more flowey and now the right trail has been built ( the north shore ) i think its a great attribute i think you should know that piness is becoming a great place to ride Fab thankss Big Grin

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
thought you said you were there on tuesday fish?? well ill be down for a bit of help when your there and btw everyone invite your friends to the friends the3 more the merrier lol and if the FC want to know if we have other people intreste dthey can see everyone on here

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
pines is mint i go quite a lot

it has loads of potetial

also i`ll help with any work:P

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008790
Mobile Version of Website