Sherwood Pines Group

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Sherwood Pines Group
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 12:01 Quote
Me and mike weren't able to make it up there on Saturday but we took a trip up on Sunday and carried on building the jumps up they still need a good amount of work doing to them.

Here is a couple of pictures to show what we managed to get done.

Big line at Sherwood Pines being re built. First and second jumps.
Big line at Sherwood Pines being re built. Third and forth jumps.
Big line at Sherwood Pines being re built.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 12:06 Quote
ridermark wrote:
Me and mike weren't able to make it up there on Saturday but we took a trip up on Sunday and carried on building the jumps up they still need a good amount of work doing to them.

Here is a couple of pictures to show what we managed to get done.

Big line at Sherwood Pines being re built. First and second jumps.
Big line at Sherwood Pines being re built. Third and forth jumps.
Big line at Sherwood Pines being re built.

:O amazing work, if I can next Saturday, il make a journey up to help you guys

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 12:14 Quote
Excellant effort guys!

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 13:02 Quote
Good work did you get some help??

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 17:16 Quote
Just me and mike digging again, one guy came up late in the afternoon and said he went on sat but no one there to dig with. Not sure which day we will be up this weekend though. I think someone was re building the right side jumps on the big line so we left them as we wanted to focus on the main big line.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 17:40 Quote
ridermark wrote:
Just me and mike digging again, one guy came up late in the afternoon and said he went on sat but no one there to dig with. Not sure which day we will be up this weekend though. I think someone was re building the right side jumps on the big line so we left them as we wanted to focus on the main big line.

It was me that spoke to you in the afternoon Razz . You still up on saturday? Will bring a spade and that this time Smile

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 5:56 Quote
guys they lookin awesome sorry cudnt make was in an accident on the wed n ended up with a bk injury but as soon as tht is sorted will b up to help kep up the good work

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 11:35 Quote
Were that your monster truck in bits on fb??

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 14:35 Quote
Hey guys Me and Mike will be up pines dirt jumps on Saturday. So hope to see few people up there!

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 11:48 Quote
is anyone planning on going up this sunday?

Posted: Nov 6, 2011 at 14:56 Quote
The fourth double almost sorted now, I Mike went up today I think he said he finished it off and started doing more work on the other doubles too so they are looking very nice now!

Big line at Sherwood Pines being re built. Fourth double.
Big line at Sherwood Pines being re built. Fourth double with new landing.

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 at 16:05 Quote
Is there a beginner set of jumps at sherwood? want to start jumping again now ive got my bike built up and it's been years since ive done some jumping and digging/building.

Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 1:58 Quote
can hopefully get up sunday if ur there

Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 5:45 Quote
chunkymcpot wrote:
Is there a beginner set of jumps at sherwood? want to start jumping again now ive got my bike built up and it's been years since ive done some jumping and digging/building.

Yes there is 3 sets my 4 year old can do the small set so there is sumthing for every one

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 7:41 Quote
I just saw a post on the pines facebook page about some young lad breaking his ankle on the middle or small line of dirt jumps. I can guess that a big reason for this happening was the jumps being in such poor condition. Me mike and jonny have been rebuilding the big line but I think the small and middle line need a LOT of work doing to them. Possibly even just made into table tops so if people are confident can jump them all but for others they can be rolled. Fresh dirt and a big group of people would be great! as they could be ready for next summer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019562
Mobile Version of Website