Sherwood Pines Group

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Sherwood Pines Group
Author Message
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 at 3:32 Quote
yeah they got a trail builder who was up the last week n i n a friend had a chat with him..
gonna do some tlc n get the end section done as well so ur not ridin nothin at the end anymore

Posted: Dec 4, 2011 at 14:02 Quote
Personally i think they should level the jumps and the DOWNHILL track and start from fresh. Instead of the DOWNHILL track build a 4x track, It will suit pines alot better because it is the perfect length and steepness for a 4x track. And for the jumps start from scratch and build the jumps right so the actually flow right.

But i know the FC will never due this to not having the money with all the cuts. It just sort of sucks.

Posted: Dec 4, 2011 at 14:22 Quote
Jonny121 wrote:
Personally i think they should level the jumps and the DOWNHILL track and start from fresh. Instead of the DOWNHILL track build a 4x track, It will suit pines alot better because it is the perfect length and steepness for a 4x track. And for the jumps start from scratch and build the jumps right so the actually flow right.

But i know the FC will never due this to not having the money with all the cuts. It just sort of sucks.

A dual track would be better coz 4x is that mint the uci dropped it lol

But level it all and start again and get ppl in that know what there doing like wc track builders but this will never happen coz of ££ and there are to many ppl trying to make ££ out of trail building and to little ppl doing it coz they love to ride

Posted: Dec 4, 2011 at 14:30 Quote
dangggerboy wrote:
Jonny121 wrote:
Personally i think they should level the jumps and the DOWNHILL track and start from fresh. Instead of the DOWNHILL track build a 4x track, It will suit pines alot better because it is the perfect length and steepness for a 4x track. And for the jumps start from scratch and build the jumps right so the actually flow right.

But i know the FC will never due this to not having the money with all the cuts. It just sort of sucks.

A dual track would be better coz 4x is that mint the uci dropped it lol

But level it all and start again and get ppl in that know what there doing like wc track builders but this will never happen coz of ££ and there are to many ppl trying to make ££ out of trail building and to little ppl doing it coz they love to ride


4x be better because there is more track therefore willnt get trashed as fast because dual means that people will jst coat each corner in braking bumps.

But i know it will never happen becasue of the money. I jst wish they did it in the first place because the downhill was one major waste of money!

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 5:51 Quote
everyone knew the downhill was a waste of money and we (jonny included) informed every FC worker, fish and other people helping out there isnt enough slope to make a descent or fast downhill track at pines. A dual would be nice but get wrecked, 4x would be nice but would again be very exspensive, and theres not much of a market for it. The only thing for pines would be to destroy the dirt jumps and rebuild them and/or make the downhill track into something more 4x/giant slalom orientated or something slopestyle which again hasnt got a massive market but theres not many proper place sin the uk for it

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 7:05 Quote
I couldn't agree more with Jonny and Radatabs, the dirt jumps all should be knocked down and planned out and rebuilt. If there were 3 lines like at chicksands small tables for beginners, Decent size middle line of doubles for intermediate riders and then a pro line as big as the big line at chicksands it would attract a lot more riders towards pines and maybe even host some of the dirt jump events like chicksands does.

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 4:56 Quote
ridermark wrote:
I couldn't agree more with Jonny and Radatabs, the dirt jumps all should be knocked down and planned out and rebuilt. If there were 3 lines like at chicksands small tables for beginners, Decent size middle line of doubles for intermediate riders and then a pro line as big as the big line at chicksands it would attract a lot more riders towards pines and maybe even host some of the dirt jump events like chicksands does.

Good idea, but if they wanted to hold events they would have to start charging people to ride, the insurance costs etc for comps is nuts! More trails type jumps (hips and stuff) rather than a straight set would attract more people to, Loads of places just have sets of say 3 straight jumps, gets a bit boring after a while...

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 6:20 Quote
Well maybe if they pulled down all the jumps there then have one average size set of table tops for beginners to ride then have a line with average size jumps with berms, hips just a fun set of jumps leading to one or 2 big trick doubles.

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 8:19 Quote
i think the best thing would be to drag them up towards where everyone pedals in (the big set) and get a sort of snake/pump line going across to where they start and then a few hips rather than a straight line. Also, may be better if rather than the left line stopping where they do, hip right and head along the bottom to make it longer?

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 14:56 Quote
pump track would be cool..

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 21:21 Quote
crustyjim wrote:
pump track would be cool..
I have built one and the amount of work is unreal. It's good fun to rid, and I am going to have a race series on it in summer it's only in Rotherham if any one wants to join in we were thinking ££ prizes

But pumptrack at pines yes the area between the dj and free ride area and get some skinnies with a see saw in there aswell

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 11:11 Quote
dangggerboy wrote:
crustyjim wrote:
pump track would be cool..
I have built one and the amount of work is unreal. It's good fun to rid, and I am going to have a race series on it in summer it's only in Rotherham if any one wants to join in we were thinking ££ prizes

But pumptrack at pines yes the area between the dj and free ride area and get some skinnies with a see saw in there aswell

Dude I'm from Rotherham and got some plans for the area this winter, been a bit held back due to being hospitalised recently so will be behind with what I wanna do, however if you ever need a hand digging what your doing hit me up, be more than willing to lend a hand to some quality Rotherham riding spots!

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 12:59 Quote
We are starting a club I built a pumptrack there is a bmx track that we getting resurfaced and there are some dj,s but there crap so want some ppl that know what there doing to turn them in dig boy dj,s we are looking for new members if u want to be apart of the club and build its free

Facebook it Brampton bmx

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 6:29 Quote
Approach this with a business point of view? Get designs, facts and figures, health and safety precognitions set up. show them that's it's minimal cost, will attract riders to the venue and therefore more profit in terms of parking, food and maybe even bike hire.

they see it as the fact that people don't pay to ride it therefore they wont make money from it, places like the Sherwood pines receives minimal funding under this government therefore need to have profitability within there organisation, show them something that will make them money and that's all you can do, and a 4x/bmx track is perfect as anyone can ride them, they last a while and it's not massively expensive.

This is all real world shit but is worth a try.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 8:56 Quote
dangggerboy wrote:
We are starting a club I built a pumptrack there is a bmx track that we getting resurfaced and there are some dj,s but there crap so want some ppl that know what there doing to turn them in dig boy dj,s we are looking for new members if u want to be apart of the club and build its free

Facebook it Brampton bmx

Will do! Bramptons pump tracks ain't bad the trails are horrific though......something to do with the chabbers on scooters and so on mind! When you next digging up there?!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029120
Mobile Version of Website