Glentress wall ride closed

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Glentress wall ride closed
Previous Page |
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:07 Quote
for any complaints about the Glentress wall ride being shut please direct them to hugh.mckay@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:25 Quote
Its probably not his fault to be honest, there is no point overly harassing people overwhich they have no control. Its not like it benefits them, it being closed. They will have it up again soon enough.

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:36 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
Its probably not his fault to be honest, there is no point overly harassing people overwhich they have no control. Its not like it benefits them, it being closed. They will have it up again soon enough.

i never said it was....i asked who to complain to about it being closed & this was the contact i was given by another forestry employee.i pay 3 pound parking like everyone else - i think i am allowed my say.

p.s the forestry commission could have it opened today if they wanted - have you even seen whistler park & how crazy that place is?.

nobody is forcing people to ride it -just put a disclaimer up.

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:41 Quote
phunkt wrote:
crazygeorge wrote:

i never said it was....i asked who to complain to about it being closed & this was the contact i was given by another forestry employee.i pay 3 pound parking like everyone else - i think i am allowed my say.

p.s the forestry commission could have it opened today if they wanted - have you even seen whistler park & how crazy that place is?.

nobody is forcing people to ride it -just put a disclaimer up.

our country is going to the dogs with all this sueing and disclaimer shite,if you ride a bike theres a risk simple as that.

its about time the judges and solicitors realised this and fluffed off.

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:43 Quote
well said
marquis

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:47 Quote
phunkt wrote:
well said
marquis

im only pissed because we had a sweet little spot to play in,some fluffing kid fell and knocked himself clean out so his parents tried to sue the council and the fluffers filled it in.

council should counter sue for dumb arse parents letting there kids ride without a helemt.Really Mad Madder

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:50 Quote
god damn its been closed for ages nowFacepalm get it open soon i say

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:52 Quote
anyone got a chainsaw?

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 2:53 Quote
Try this for fun until it re opens
Views: 3,608    Faves: 40    Comments: 23

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
i dont see why they have closed the wallride because of rider error
i faceplanted the other year and got knocked out but i dont see them shutting off the table line

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
spongosauraus wrote:
i dont see why they have closed the wallride because of rider error
i faceplanted the other year and got knocked out but i dont see them shutting off the table line

depends solely on the parents of the rider in question,far too many lazy fecks in this world trying to make a quick few quid.

no offense to the nefa boss either but his friend riding the wall ride with no helmet doesnt help the people that wanna ride with a helmet,no helmet no ride simple as that.

we are all fluffed.

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
the country was only gonna go this way after the amount of people that started getting sued by the burgler who broke into their house and then hurt himself/had his head kicked in etc and then got upset about it....
it was only a matter of time before everyone started suing everyone else...
hamsterley had it too with some parents who tried to sue the FC after their kid fell on the wooden play ground in the p!$$ing rain onto the bark chippings put down to stop falls hurting,
they only didn't pay out cos they proved they had done everything to protect falls BUT if it was lashing with rain then the bark would turn more solid and that in that situation who would be out playing...
judges etc need to wake up and start using common sense... which they don't have so should have normal people helping them pass judgement.

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
oh and the glentress wall ride thing...
ANY normal person who goes riding would have a good grasp on their own skill.
so if they psych themselves up to try something new and abit risky, wallride, big drop or gap etc. they know that it could go wrong and that they might get hurt or break something or the bike etc.
who, then sues the FC when they get it wrong? its like i can't do it so no-one else should be able to try... and with my winnings i'll go buy a fancy new bike with helmut etc only i'll have nowhere to ride it cos all the centers will have been closed...

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
Wow.... good work on not wearing a helmet in the video numb nuts.... Keep it up and maybe we'll get somewhere with the councils and forestry one day.... Rolleyes

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014024
Mobile Version of Website