PB Forum :: Europe
Official Irish Downhill Thread
Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 9:23 Quote
Will Flexo still be making videos?

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
no idea junior, I presume so. but ive been wrong before

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 10:28 Quote
Sorry, meant as in would he be supported by the organisers. I didn't race this season, but wasn't there talk at the start of the year about having a collection for him at the start of each race as he wasn't sure if he could go to all for money reasons?

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 3:57 Quote
Ignore. Wrong post.

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 at 13:06 Quote
Hey guys, is there anyone racing at Rostrevor this weekend, that could offer a photographer a lift from Castlewellan?
Cheers

Posted: Jan 14, 2015 at 8:54 Quote
Has anyone here been to http://www.bikeparkireland.ie

Any views on it?

I'm thinking of heading there, maybe camping. if I leave my DJ bike at the pump track to use between uplifts, I'd have no downtime!

Posted: Jan 14, 2015 at 10:29 Quote
I was there sunday, uplift is very effecient got about 20 runs in. The red trail is fun but the blacks could be abit more challenging. The trails are also quite short but the efficiency of the uplift makes up for That

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2015 at 12:18 Quote
yea its not the most technical but all the trails are a LOT of Fun and all the jumps work and have been build by riders which really shows when you ride em, lads have got well over 20 runs in a day there so that should be plenty bike time, well worth the trip.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 0:39 Quote
Thanks for that.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 1:23 Quote
the DH series was launched last night, looks good to me anyway

NUKEPROOF IDMS 2015

Round 1 7th - 8th March Carlingford Co.Louth

Round 2 18th - 19th April Mallow Co.Cork

Round 3 13th - 14th June Mt Leinster Co.Carlow

Round 4 8th - 9th August Bree Co.Wexford

Round 5 26th - 27th September Cahir Co.Tipperary

Online entry will be open next week @ www.irishdownhillseries.com.
All info on events will be made available there.

Fees.
Elite, Senior, Master, Vet, S.Vet, sport are €50.
Womens, Junior, Juvenile, youth are €35.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 5:46 Quote
That would be class!, too bad its never going to happen

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 6:54 Quote
as it was done as part of a big housing development the "recession" put it on hold but if things take off again they might make a start on it, that said I wouldn't hold me breath, as for the track in Killarney ive no idea whats happening, there dragging their heels big time on that one for a track that was meant to be raced in 2011!

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 8:12 Quote
Hopefully but what we really need is a bike park on a proper mountain, Bike park Ireland is good but its short and Rostrevor natural stuff is good but the uplift is terrible, Also why no Carrick? Frown

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 8:37 Quote
Also I was told that the Carlingford track is probably the steepest, muckiest track in Ireland, Uplift will bring us up most of the way but then there is about a 15 minute walk to the top

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011441
Mobile Version of Website