What DH/FR bike for £1500???

PB Forum :: Downhill
What DH/FR bike for £1500???
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
better spec ect the difference between a 7 and 8 inch bike isnt really that great so he might as well get a sunday, if he wants a freeridey bike he should probs get a specialized sx trail as they are really good and you can get them quite cheap.
It all depends if he want a bike that can pedal or one that can just go downhill, if he wants one just to go downhill i would suggest a sunday, if he wants to pedal as well them get the 7 point

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
i had a 08 stinky and pretty much wrote the frame off in about half a year, although i think konas are the way to go, a stinky air looks pretty good.....

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
I want something that can pedal but i don't want something like an SX trail or reign X. I know there's only 10mm difference in travel but i want somehting more heavy duty. My brother has tried an SX trail and the difference between that and his demo is immense. Completely different bikes!

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
intense socom, they can pedal fairly well, what a bout a demo 8?

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
Yer no demo's lol! But i've checked out the iron horse website and the 7 point looks f*cking awesome! But they don't make an 09 version and i can't find anyway that sells the 08 in the U.K. !!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
i got to advice you to buy second hand, personally i would never buy a new bike again, you can get so many good deals second hand, use the buy sell bit on pinkbike and ebay, people may ask for a certain amount but it doesnt hurt offering them, i bought a 2006 demo 8 last night for £600 after chipping the guy down. its deffinitly worth doing it!!!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
Haha, I've had quite a different experience lol! My bro bought an 06 specialized enduro off ebay last year for £750. Sounded like a bargain and when he tried it out in the car park it felt awesome. But after 3 rides it fell apart! It has cost him around £500 to service and repair it and if he had a £1250 budget in the first place i think he would have got a very different bike!

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
Sounds like your Bro got bad luck. There are a few IH dealers you should get hold of, if not. Get hold of Jim Walker, who are the UK distro for IH.

I have to agree with the other guy. buying second hand is definitely the way to go. You aren't gaining anything by buying new, except loosing more money. If you buy second hand you have extra money on hand to buy upgrades. I bought my DH bike for £1000 over a year ago, and it only needs repairs now. The other improvements are just things that I wanted to change.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
fooox wrote:
Yer no demo's lol! But i've checked out the iron horse website and the 7 point looks f*cking awesome! But they don't make an 09 version and i can't find anyway that sells the 08 in the U.K. !!!

i found this website on the iron horse one , it has the prices in dollars but the company is based in the u.k and all the prices are what they say they are but just stick a £ sign infront so if the bike is $1500 its actually £1500

iron horse 7point for 1499.95

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
heirs08 wrote:
fooox wrote:

i found this website on the iron horse one , it has the prices in dollars but the company is based in the u.k and all the prices are what they say they are but just stick a £ sign infront so if the bike is $1500 its actually £1500

Actually, Randall Scott are based in the US, and are the main US dealer for IH. I'm sure they can do you a deal with postage etc. Still, judging the exchange rate, you could get that posted to here for around £1500

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
timlake wrote:
heirs08 wrote:
fooox wrote:

Actually, Randall Scott are based in the US, and are the main US dealer for IH. I'm sure they can do you a deal with postage etc. Still, judging the exchange rate, you could get that posted to here for around £1500

if that is 1500 dollars would that not come in at about 1000 and it would be like 100 for p&p ?

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
timlake wrote:
Sounds like your Bro got bad luck. There are a few IH dealers you should get hold of, if not. Get hold of Jim Walker, who are the UK distro for IH.

I have to agree with the other guy. buying second hand is definitely the way to go. You aren't gaining anything by buying new, except loosing more money. If you buy second hand you have extra money on hand to buy upgrades. I bought my DH bike for £1000 over a year ago, and it only needs repairs now. The other improvements are just things that I wanted to change.

Your bike looks sweet. Really interested in this Jim Walker dude. Where is he based?

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
fooox wrote:
timlake wrote:

Your bike looks sweet. Really interested in this Jim Walker dude. Where is he based?

Thanks! I'm not sure where it's based. But this is the website Here. They are pretty hopeless as a distributor, but should be able to give you some details on where to buy.

EDIT: also, PS Cycles in Abercarn, Wales are a big IH Dealer, if I remember, they had a 7Point in stock when I went in a few months back, you can get hold of them here

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013464
Mobile Version of Website